• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ebay third members

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Questionable, but sounds like it would be a good deal for a rebuilt third member and housing. Heck the detroit is worth that. $100.00 shipping is probably about right with the housing.

mrbronco

Loc.
Lufkin,TX.
I just payed $18 to have one sent from MI to AR.It was just the carrier,gears and pinion not the whole center section.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
I think the the guy on ebay is saying $100.00 to ship a complete third member and a bare axle housing. Thats how Im reading it. That will be quite a bit more costly than just a center section. It cost me between $100 and $140 to ship a complete axle just about anywhere.

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
I just bought a Nascar dropout from FL. Shipping was $63 to Socal. So, if that includes the housing then it seems like a decent deal.

OP
OP
77BroncoWag

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ryans71 said:
Hey, Matt. Going with the 5.13's huh? That seams really low.

No that is too low for me I am looking for a good 3rd member for going to 31 spline just saw that on ebay last night. But that run in sequim told me that 3.50 was to high ;D . Think I got the overheating taken care of now :cool: . How was Naches?

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
Ryans71 said:
Hey, Matt. Going with the 5.13's huh? That seams really low.

35" tires with a 5.13 would work great if you had a 4R70W tranny or AOD with the wide gear set. I have 35" tires/C-4/4.22 and I am switching to the 4R70W and I will be turning very low RPMs at 60 mph. I believe it is somewhere around 1600 rpms so I will probably change to either the 4.88 or 5.13.

Without any feedback buying something like that could be dicey, but like what was said earlier, the Detroit is worth $250 - $300 alone.

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
jate said:
35" tires with a 5.13 would work great if you had a 4R70W tranny or AOD with the wide gear set. I have 35" tires/C-4/4.22 and I am switching to the 4R70W and I will be turning very low RPMs at 60 mph. I believe it is somewhere around 1600 rpms so I will probably change to either the 4.88 or 5.13.

Without any feedback buying something like that could be dicey, but like what was said earlier, the Detroit is worth $250 - $300 alone.

With 35s, I would go with 4.88s. I run 37s and just ordered the 5.14 setup. I'm going to lose some pinion stregnth, but I run an NV4500, so I need the extra gearing at speed. Its nice to have a crawl ratio over 130:1 too
;D

Here is a good gear calculator that a friend put up:
http://home.san.rr.com/rambler/jgears.htm