• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

B.C. Broncos charged my credit card 887.00. I didn't order anything?

SP66

Bronco Guru
First amendment to the constitution

part of our bill of rights

speak on twostickmedic speak on

to everyone else, carry on

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Quote:
Originally posted by: graniteguy
"You may be missing the point also. The OP may have gotten in an argument by the wife by a purchase he didn't make. Worth venting over. Think about it. lol."

Now that is probably the best and most accurate thing said on this thread. Good insight Granite. LOL . Agreed, it has been handled, enough said.

Scott

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
What I come away with from this is that BCB needs to fix the way they process orders and bill credit cards. I don't know if this was a debit card, but if it was it could have really screwed someone. Assume they had other bills to pay and suddenly the account is cleaned out and they get charged late fees or overdraft. Don't shoot the messenger, fix the problem so that it never happens again. The OP should have waited until he had spoken with BCB before starting the thread, but I can understand why he was a little excited.

SP66

Bronco Guru
What I come away with from this is that BCB needs to fix the way they process orders and bill credit cards. I don't know if this was a debit card, but if it was it could have really screwed someone. Assume they had other bills to pay and suddenly the account is cleaned out and they get charged late fees or overdraft. Don't shoot the messenger, fix the problem so that it never happens again. The OP should have waited until he had spoken with BCB before starting the thread, but I can understand why he was a little excited.

very well said

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA

Agree completely.

It was obviously an honest mistake by BCB. That being said, with the new CC regs on retaining info. BCB should at least be verifying the last 4 digits and CCV code before processing a saved CC number. I didn't even think it was legal to store them anymore. Hate to see Chuck end up on the hook with fines and damages for something that simple. A simple change in business practice will prevent this in the future.

As far as the OP I completely understand his frustration. I would have been pissed too. It's not his fault that the mistake was made. Now he has had to take the time to straighten it out and it has obviously been an inconvenience to him.

Glad it's all sorted out.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I still love Chuck. I have emailed him on a Sunday morning for help with my a/c system and he responded immediately. I have cumulatively spent hours on the phone with Chuck over the years. I consider him, Roxanne, and Jason friends of mine. This didn't happen overnight. I had Chuck on the phone bending his ear soon after he opened and as recently as a couple months ago.
Our community is lucky we have had guys like James Duff, K/S family, Jim Creel, and Chuck and Jeff as well as all the newer vendors. Other car communities don't have this sort of personal support.
It's the time of year to reflect on what your thankful for, well I am thankful for the fact that our little Early Bronco hobby is so well supported.

ren71

i think the op was mostly concerned that his cc info was kept without his knowledge.
What I come away with from this is that BCB needs to fix the way they process orders and bill credit cards. *I don't know if this was a debit card, but if it was it could have really screwed someone. *Assume they had other bills to pay and suddenly the account is cleaned out and they get charged late fees or overdraft. *Don't shoot the messenger, fix the problem so that it never happens again. *The OP should have waited until he had spoken with BCB before starting the thread, but I can understand why he was a little excited.

I agree, and I'm glad he posted about it.

Last edited:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
We normally do verify the last 4 numbers and did this time. This was a on-line order that includes the last 4 digits so the processor checked the number and name on line then put the name in our system which came up with the right name. Wrong address and card number but the first screen was replaced by the second. Anyway, they are checking the address also now. The customer was very understanding and pleasant to deal with. He should have been upset whither his wife was or not but my guess is she was not upset either, guessing from his attitude.:)

OP
OP
TWOSTICKMEDIC

TWOSTICKMEDIC

I called and spoke with the staff at BC Broncos today. They were nice and apologized for the mistakes. I was charged TWO times last month for a total of $1.223.00 from my debit card attached to my checking account. Tell me how you would feel after losing that kind of money from your checking account? It will be returned, but I do not have it yet. It may take from 5 to 10 days. This is an inconvenience to deal with, especially during the holiday season.
I have found Classic Broncos Forum extremely helpful during my frame off build, but I am surprised at some of the responses on this post. Under Bronco Chat is vendor experiences, none of my posts are vindictive, read them again. It’s easy to call people names while sitting at the computer. I have no doubt that if we were standing face to face you would not call me names, trust me on this one.

SP66

Bronco Guru
A stand up guy would wire you the money and not have you wait. I'm sure he has now also been paid via the other credit card user of the same name.

BeardedBlues

A stand up guy would wire you the money and not have you wait. I'm sure he has now also been paid via the other credit card user of the same name.

Your credit cards must work completely different than mine as no matter what happens, I am not out of any cash until I pay my credit card bill. So, I'm not following what you are saying about having money wired.

SP66

Bronco Guru
His debit card was charged. Works like a credit card but money come immediately out of checking account during transaction. Now he is out the real cash until the processors fix the transactions in 5 to 10 days.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Seems to be a few disconnects here. Venting is all well and good one key is if your going to vent before contacting the vender dont mention names. Thats what tends to get people riled up but hey free speech on both sides.
Its not really a good idea to ever use a debit carb for online purchases. Something happens and someones got free access to your bank account. You also have little proctection. If you use a credit card then you have more protection.
On the vendor side there seems to be a disconnect with the system. If this was all online ordering then something is jacked up. I havent ordered anything online from BC in a long while so I dont know how his system compares to others but most companies I have ordered from recently more than once always require the input of the card number and security code before the order is processed. Maybe its a glich or a true problem either way Im sure it will be rectified.
Im sure neither party is happy about it either way but the outcome is what it should be. Also should be a learning experiance all round.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I'd like to know from chuck if there is another person in the system with my same name.. If so, i'd like to order a complete bronco;)

clarrance

Bronco Guru
And I would like to know if my name is still in their system. If so I would like it removed. I don't see the need in them having my information in their system, since I will not buy from them again.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
And I would like to know if my name is still in their system. If so I would like it removed. I don't see the need in them having my information in their system, since I will not buy from them again.

I'd suggest you call them directly. Posting your wishes on an internet forum is probably the 'least likely to succeed' method of communicating your business preferences;)

I can't tell for sure but it seems that you have some beef with BCB, and have chosen to use this forum to stomp your little hands and feet;)
Now you know why I used the word "crybaby" earlier

joe

Bronco Guru
looks like we either luv BC's or hate em???

and i would guess that would be from our own personal experiences with buying from them???

Hmmmmmmmm? %)

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Yep, this 1st amendment thing is a funny animal. By exercising it freely against someone else we also accept the responsibility of having it exercised against us;)

SP66

Bronco Guru
Yep, this 1st amendment thing is a funny animal. By exercising it freely against someone else we also accept the responsibility of having it exercised against us;)

Wyflyer that is true but what is the point here. Guy has cash removed from his checking account and it's not even legal to keep cards on file. Now he must wait to be reimbursed and he's upset. He vents and he's the bad guy. Don't think so. Don't know Chuck and wouldn't slam him but if it were me I'd pay him the money now. Let Chuck be on the hook for his "mistake" and it was a "mistake." But that is a lot of cash. Over a grand hits a family budget hard, especially around the holidays.