• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dealership has put in my order today!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Is everyone getting this confirmation when their orders are placed? I had to practically teach my dealer how to order one (it literally took two weeks to get done!) and I never got any confirmation.

Also...when you log in to your Ford Account does the picture of the Bronco on the screen look like the truck you ordered?

I'm REAL worried that my order isn't actually in!!

If the order was complete you should have got an email within a day or so. I would call Ford and give them your reservation number and see if it was converted to an order. I've since gone back and changed from the mid to high interior package.

Screenshot_20210223-093758_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210223-093817_Samsung Internet.jpg

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I think I've talked myself out of ordering a 2021. I really want to see if they are going to do an Abyss Gray next year. If they don't that's cool, and maybe whatever recalls they have will be sorted out by then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Early 7/14 reservation. My wife talked me out of a 2021, as she is dead set on a body color top. We were ordering the 2.7 V-6 and a 2-door so that would have put us late in 2021 anyway. At least we should have a shot at an early 2022 keeping our timestamp.

jlylec

If the order was complete you should have got an email within a day or so. I would call Ford and give them your reservation number and see if it was converted to an order. I've since gone back and changed from the mid to high interior package.

View attachment 518655

View attachment 518656

Thanks Okie! So when you made the change did you get an email confirmation as well?

My order was originally placed by this dealer without any input from me on 1/20 and when I finally got in touch with them it took me 2 weeks to get them to change the color to the right color. And I've never gotten an email confirmation, but when I log in to my Ford account I can see my Bronco order but the picture of the truck is not the color I ordered. I'm just worried that the wrong truck shows up or no truck at all! I'm on hold with Ford Marketing right now and they aren't much help. They can't see anything apparently so they're essentially useless. It's mind boggling to me how badly Ford, with all of their resources, has bumbled this whole thing.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Early 7/14 reservation. My wife talked me out of a 2021, as she is dead set on a body color top. We were ordering the 2.7 V-6 and a 2-door so that would have put us late in 2021 anyway. At least we should have a shot at an early 2022 keeping our timestamp.
Did you let your reservation go, or keep it? Does it play into getting a 2022 I wonder.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Thanks Okie! So when you made the change did you get an email confirmation as well?

My order was originally placed by this dealer without any input from me on 1/20 and when I finally got in touch with them it took me 2 weeks to get them to change the color to the right color. And I've never gotten an email confirmation, but when I log in to my Ford account I can see my Bronco order but the picture of the truck is not the color I ordered. I'm just worried that the wrong truck shows up or no truck at all! I'm on hold with Ford Marketing right now and they aren't much help. They can't see anything apparently so they're essentially useless. It's mind boggling to me how badly Ford, with all of their resources, has bumbled this whole thing.

I didn't get a new email after the trim increase. Some of the dealers have really proven to be incompetent with the deal, and the reason I say dealers and not Ford in general is because there are dealers out there knocking this out of the park with prices, details, options, suggestions etc. You just have to find them. The dealer I've used locally for almost 30 years was pretty much like trying to order or deal with a George Washington statue as a sales person. I'm okay with them not knowing the answers to everything, but they weren't willing to find out either and seldom if ever responded to calls, texts or emails so I switched. I'm glad I did, the new dealer made it incredibly easy. Also remember, before the build starts, you're going to get to confirm one last time before the build starts.

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Did you let your reservation go, or keep it? Does it play into getting a 2022 I wonder.

I kept it.
It can play into a 2022. Ford is telling dealers, convert the reservation to a "priority 99" and put a note in the "remarks" section of the order "2022MY WAIT". Then when the order banks open for the 2022MY later this summer go in and place your order.
I would make sure you have your dealer (one with good pricing) lined up when you convert the order from a reservation.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I kept it.

It can play into a 2022. Ford is telling dealers, convert the reservation to a "priority 99" and put a note in the "remarks" section of the order "2022MY WAIT". Then when the order banks open for the 2022MY later this summer go in and place your order.

I would make sure you have your dealer (one with good pricing) lined up when you convert the order from a reservation.
I've got one, I'll shoot him an email.

jlylec

I didn't get a new email after the trim increase. Some of the dealers have really proven to be incompetent with the deal, and the reason I say dealers and not Ford in general is because there are dealers out there knocking this out of the park with prices, details, options, suggestions etc. You just have to find them. The dealer I've used locally for almost 30 years was pretty much like trying to order or deal with a George Washington statue as a sales person. I'm okay with them not knowing the answers to everything, but they weren't willing to find out either and seldom if ever responded to calls, texts or emails so I switched. I'm glad I did, the new dealer made it incredibly easy. Also remember, before the build starts, you're going to get to confirm one last time before the build starts.

Yeah I'm going to switch my dealership if they can't confirm my Order# or get me some sort of confirmation. I can't wait for the days when all cars are as easy to order as Tesla. The antiquated dealership model is just stupid at this point (for ordering...maybe not for service, etc.).

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Yeah I'm going to switch my dealership if they can't confirm my Order# or get me some sort of confirmation. I can't wait for the days when all cars are as easy to order as Tesla. The antiquated dealership model is just stupid at this point (for ordering...maybe not for service, etc.).
I agree with you on that note, you should be able to go to the Website, order every option you want and submit it. The dealership will still get the money, you've got to pick it up from somewhere.

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

lotttta anxious folks waiting....

1buckeyefan1

Contributor
So if you went to the dealer, placed (converted) your reservation, a few things should happen:

1.) you should receive an email confirming your order. This will contain the majority of your option/order details
2.) your reservation should update on the ford.com site to an order. (maybe your picture changes to the color you ordered). This won't have much if any details, other than the pre-prod CGI picture

Some things to watch out for:
- an email, but no change on ford.com - this likely means the dealer didn't tie the order to your reservation. this happened to me and I had to cancel, create a new reservation, then a new order, and tie it all back to the original 7/15 reservation date.

- no email, no change on ford.com - means they haven't tied it to you? or something else is broken

1buckeyefan1

Contributor

Based on what i've read, you can simply ask for a late-availability item, or let your reservation 'ride' a bit into 2022. I don't think they've announced if/when reservations expire yet. But I suspect you should be at front of the MY22 line.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So if you went to the dealer, placed (converted) your reservation, a few things should happen:

1.) you should receive an email confirming your order. This will contain the majority of your option/order details
2.) your reservation should update on the ford.com site to an order. (maybe your picture changes to the color you ordered). This won't have much if any details, other than the pre-prod CGI picture

Some things to watch out for:
- an email, but no change on ford.com - this likely means the dealer didn't tie the order to your reservation. this happened to me and I had to cancel, create a new reservation, then a new order, and tie it all back to the original 7/15 reservation date.

- no email, no change on ford.com - means they haven't tied it to you? or something else is broken

sounds like all of it's broken.. geesh...

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I cancelled my reservation today. My dealer called again today and said mine was near a deadline for being converted to a build order. I said just cancel it, this whole thing seems like a cluster right now and I had several recent deaths in the family and didn't need the added nonsense. He said I was smart to wait until next year because Ford is starting to change/limit options this year because of production problems and not just on the one roof. He said the whole thing is a mess.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I cancelled my reservation today. My dealer called again today and said mine was near a deadline for being converted to a build order. I said just cancel it, this whole thing seems like a cluster right now and I had several recent deaths in the family and didn't need the added nonsense. He said I was smart to wait until next year because Ford is starting to change/limit options this year because of production problems and not just on the one roof. He said the whole thing is a mess.
Hate to hear of the family problems, make things like new cars seem petty. As much as I'd like to have a 21, I'm perfectly fine with pushing mine till 22. Could decide on color, while in Townsend the wife and I decided on Cactus Gray, but still holding out for lead foot gray like on 150 next year.