• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2021 Bronco "flip"

vtboy51

I have a reservation for a new bronco order, but unfortunately won't be able to swing it financially this summer. I've a few people ask me to order it and sell it to them (they didn't get a reservation). Any others considering doing this? I'm honestly not sure how the logistics would work.

1buckeyefan1

I have a reservation for a new bronco order, but unfortunately won't be able to swing it financially this summer. I've a few people ask me to order it and sell it to them (they didn't get a reservation). Any others considering doing this? I'm honestly not sure how the logistics would work.

The restrictions claim the person receiving the transfer has to be in the same "household". Who knows if/how stringent they are on this.. or how the folks selling their FE reservation on ebay are planning to get around it.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Depending on the state you are in, If you buy it and pay tax, the next person will have to pay tax twice. Selling the reservation itself is not allowed. In AZ, there is no tax on used private sales but other states are different. I have an appointment on Tuesday at the dealer to get my order locked. I am looking forward to it.

msmith

The restrictions claim the person receiving the transfer has to be in the same "household". Who knows if/how stringent they are on this.. or how the folks selling their FE reservation on ebay are planning to get around it.

Not sure about this either. A dealer called me last night about my reservation and am wondering if I am going to order or not or if I can give it to a friend.

If you ordered and bought one, then sold it to a friend, it could get expensive. If you paid say $40k and paid the tax on it at 6%, you would have $42,400 in it. Then if you sold it to your friend, they would have to pay tax on it bringing the price up to 44,944. I don't know how your DMV works or how they would look at buying a vehicle and just signing it over to someone else. Ours would look up it's worth and make you pay tax on it either way.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I had heard where it's been done.. but not sure how

txpd

I have every reason to believe that orders will fall thru and be cancelled and getting a truck wont be that hard. Unless you have to have one ordered to your own personal specs. You do realize that this is where Ford is going to make its money.

House

Minutia Militia
My dealer said that they were allowed ONE to order as a Demo, and none for stock...

1buckeyefan1

I have every reason to believe that orders will fall thru and be cancelled and getting a truck wont be that hard. Unless you have to have one ordered to your own personal specs. You do realize that this is where Ford is going to make its money.
This may be true, but probably at least 2022. Ford now claims we're only getting 6mos of 2021. Unless you're getting a bare bones 4dr, you're gonna wait a year or so unless you've got a reservation in hand. I've got a 2dr base sasquatch 2.7 on order w/ a 7/15 reservations I'm hoping it will be a 2021.

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Hmmm, Ford wants to penalize their dealers if they change 20% without meeting certain guidelines. How could one apply that rule to Ford's continued release delays? ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
just cancel order... let someone else get it.

yes indeed.....

Tugross302

I converted my reservation to an order yesterday at dealer #1. 2-door badlands Sasquatch. V6 auto. I have the 3rd best reservation number there and they expect an allocation of 10. I reserved a second one at dealer #2. I have the 10th best reservation number there and they are expecting an allocation of 10. I am trying to decide whether to fill that order also and try to sell it immediately after getting it. Dealer #2 said if he were in my shoes and had a good chance of getting both he would order the second one with a 4 cylinder 2-door stick shift cloth top with Sasquatch. Base or black diamond model so it would be cheaper plus more likely to get built. What’s your all’s thoughts? MSRP price plus 6% sales tax here so I’d have to sell it for more than 6% over

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I converted my reservation to an order yesterday at dealer #1. 2-door badlands Sasquatch. V6 auto. I have the 3rd best reservation number there and they expect an allocation of 10. I reserved a second one at dealer #2. I have the 10th best reservation number there and they are expecting an allocation of 10. I am trying to decide whether to fill that order also and try to sell it immediately after getting it. Dealer #2 said if he were in my shoes and had a good chance of getting both he would order the second one with a 4 cylinder 2-door stick shift cloth top with Sasquatch. Base or black diamond model so it would be cheaper plus more likely to get built. What’s your all’s thoughts? MSRP price plus 6% sales tax here so I’d have to sell it for more than 6% over

I don't know, there may or may not be anyone that desperate to get one

I would think those folks that drop their reservations may equal to the amount of those wanting to get on the list

but these things are making good headlines

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They are going to build as many as they can make. These dealers saying they have an allocation of ten are blowing smoke. That would be like saying they only get 20 F150 trucks . They couldn't survive. These are not GT500's they are mass production vehicles.

Tugross302

They are going to build as many as they can make. These dealers saying they have an allocation of ten are blowing smoke. That would be like saying they only get 20 F150 trucks . They couldn't survive. These are not GT500's they are mass production vehicles.

I understand what you are saying but these are small town dealers. I’ve known both of them for years. I’ve been to their houses for dinner. I’ve taken their kids on vacation with our family. I’ve played in adult basketball leagues with them. I don’t think they are lying to me.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My apologies, I sometimes forget that there are small rural ford dealers still. I live in a larger city where the volume is great so I probably should have thought more before I spouted off.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
It really doesnt matter about the dealer allocation. If YOU reserved one and have a number and have selected that dealer. Then YOUR bronco will not be part of THEIR allocation. If they are being told by Ford that they are going to be allocated 10 broncos to sell the. They will still their 10. Not 10 minus the reserved broncos going through that dealer

Tugross302

I got Area 51. I don’t believe that’s true though chuck. My dealer forwarded me the email that dealers got from ford. The way it states is if they have an allocation of 10 and they have 20 reservations through them, they will most likely only be able to fill the first 10. The others will be pushed to 2022. There will be no broncos built for dealer stock this year. Some dealers will receive a test drive vehicle. If any dealers end up with broncos for their lot then either the person who reserved and ordered it didn’t take delivery or the dealers reserved and ordered under fake names. My dealer said that ford has already warned him about trying to do that