• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2021 Bronco "flip"

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Last year I stopped at a very small Ford dealer in NC and asked for the latest news on the Bronco. They were excited but said they were only getting 1 or 2 Broncos allocated to them that they were not allowed to sell. The vehicle(s) were intended to be used as loaners/promo/advertising so that the local community would be able to see the Bronco. The dealer believed the thought behind this was that someone from ATL (or other big city slicker) would show up and take the only local new Bronco out of the community.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
They are going to build as many as they can make. These dealers saying they have an allocation of ten are blowing smoke. That would be like saying they only get 20 F150 trucks . They couldn't survive. These are not GT500's they are mass production vehicles.

yeah for sure... good point

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I already knew about no dealer stock and the program for dealers to get broncos to use. That program states that a dealer needs to so many (idk the number) reserveations to be able to buy one bronco for advertising purposes and test drives and it must have at least one dealer installed option installed on it. Then After so many more reservations they can buy a second one for same purpose and they must not sell them for so long (idk the time). Now if ford took money for reservations on a 2021 and said to pick the dealer to use and you did pick one but you were #11 in a dealer only allocated 10 now you must take a 2022. That doesnt sound correct. They didnt put that in the reservation guidelines. How would anyone have know back in july which dealer to pick when even the dealers didnt know how many they were alloted. I believe if one is willing to order what is available right now and had a reservation then it would not matter how many a dealer was alloted because it was a choice of dealers not only use dealers with high allotments. Ford is slowly loosing my loyalty with this whole bs. First show us a bunch of options then say oh you cant have that with this then go even farther and say that all the big options most people will want are not available until late 2021 or 2022. Wtf. Now if our dealer has used up all its allotments before we order then we are forced into a 2022. I smell some serious bs here somewhere

Tugross302

Chuck I feel ya. Even my dealers are pissed about this process. I pulled to the side of the road right now to post this pic of part of the email from ford to their dealers. If you can see it clear enough read the blue box. I’ll check back in after while and if you want the whole email forwarded to you just DM me your email address

Attachments

• E8F213DE-844E-4514-8CC1-2DD90D7E6FA3.jpg
    E8F213DE-844E-4514-8CC1-2DD90D7E6FA3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 42

Tugross302

Ok. I see that’s hard to read ^^^ basically what it says is for the salesmen to follow the following guidelines

If a customer wants to order a 22MY shake their hand and kiss their ass and sign them up
If a customer has an early reservation time stamp based on the number of Broncos your dealership is allocated, such as my #3 time stamp and an allocation of 10, then tell them they have a good chance of their order getting filled.
If a customer has a borderline time stamp based on the number of allocation, such as a #10 time stamp and a allocation of 10. Take their order but tell them that because of equipment limits your order may or may not be filled for a 21 MY.
If the customer has a late time stamp based on allocation such as a #20 on an allocation of 10, take their order but tell them they will probably have to wait for a 22 MY

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I hear that and hopefully they are working on getting their sh*t together..

Honor your reservations..

I already knew about no dealer stock and the program for dealers to get broncos to use. That program states that a dealer needs to so many (idk the number) reserveations to be able to buy one bronco for advertising purposes and test drives and it must have at least one dealer installed option installed on it. Then After so many more reservations they can buy a second one for same purpose and they must not sell them for so long (idk the time). Now if ford took money for reservations on a 2021 and said to pick the dealer to use and you did pick one but you were #11 in a dealer only allocated 10 now you must take a 2022. That doesnt sound correct. They didnt put that in the reservation guidelines. How would anyone have know back in july which dealer to pick when even the dealers didnt know how many they were alloted. I believe if one is willing to order what is available right now and had a reservation then it would not matter how many a dealer was alloted because it was a choice of dealers not only use dealers with high allotments. Ford is slowly loosing my loyalty with this whole bs. First show us a bunch of options then say oh you cant have that with this then go even farther and say that all the big options most people will want are not available until late 2021 or 2022. Wtf. Now if our dealer has used up all its allotments before we order then we are forced into a 2022. I smell some serious bs here somewhere

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got my order confirmation today from Ford. At least it is in the system!

Attachments

• Badlands.jpg
    Badlands.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 23

1buckeyefan1

Contributor
I converted my reservation to an order yesterday at dealer #1. 2-door badlands Sasquatch. V6 auto. I have the 3rd best reservation number there and they expect an allocation of 10. I reserved a second one at dealer #2. I have the 10th best reservation number there and they are expecting an allocation of 10. I am trying to decide whether to fill that order also and try to sell it immediately after getting it. Dealer #2 said if he were in my shoes and had a good chance of getting both he would order the second one with a 4 cylinder 2-door stick shift cloth top with Sasquatch. Base or black diamond model so it would be cheaper plus more likely to get built. What’s your all’s thoughts? MSRP price plus 6% sales tax here so I’d have to sell it for more than 6% over

Pretty sure Levine has said the manual sasquatch ("Mansquatch") is being delayed until 2022.

As for getting both of yours.. it probably depends on when your reservations went in. If you got both on day 1, you might get both. Otherwise, Sasquatch, 2dr, 2.7L, etc might land you into MY2022, which means less likelihood to net 6%+

crab

Bronco Guru
My dealer contacted me today about my reservation (he’s been trying for a while, but I’ve been on the fence). I expressed that I’m over the excitement that has been tarnished by Ford and not likely to complete my order. They are “allocated” 14 ‘21’s and he tried to convince me to flip it and make some money if I didn’t want it. He said my number was low enough that I should see a ‘21, but no guarantees which should be Fords new slogan. Everything he said was wishywashy and sounded like I could change my order at a later date if I change my mind. Like, they don’t have production in place yet. The only thing that got my attention is that he would pay me $2k more then what ever I pay for the bronco if I decide I didn’t want it just to put in their inventory...so there may be some truth about the numbers. Pretty sure Ford has been doing the same thing with F450’s this past year. I priced one through my dealer at $85k and the same truck that sat on their lot was $88-$92. The average Bronco build is $62k which is a lot of money to gamble, though we are seeing those stupid little sports with $70k stickers now��

1buckeyefan1

Contributor
My dealer contacted me today about my reservation (he’s been trying for a while, but I’ve been on the fence). I expressed that I’m over the excitement that has been tarnished by Ford and not likely to complete my order. They are “allocated” 14 ‘21’s and he tried to convince me to flip it and make some money if I didn’t want it. He said my number was low enough that I should see a ‘21, but no guarantees which should be Fords new slogan. Everything he said was wishywashy and sounded like I could change my order at a later date if I change my mind. Like, they don’t have production in place yet. The only thing that got my attention is that he would pay me $2k more then what ever I pay for the bronco if I decide I didn’t want it just to put in their inventory...so there may be some truth about the numbers. Pretty sure Ford has been doing the same thing with F450’s this past year. I priced one through my dealer at $85k and the same truck that sat on their lot was $88-$92. The average Bronco build is $62k which is a lot of money to gamble, though we are seeing those stupid little sports with $70k stickers now��

I suppose it's not much risk for you (assuming he isn't asking for $$ down).. but it's pretty dicey for his dealership. Ford is holding dealers to pretty tight rules to ensuring reservations actually goto the holders. Penalties include losing future allocations, etc. I suppose if they sell it to you and buy it back as used, they can skirt that, but seems like Ford is trying to discourage dealers from poaching on reservations and placing in their inventory.

Attachments

• 2021 Bronco Name Match Integrity.jpg
    2021 Bronco Name Match Integrity.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 23

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
My dealer said I was crazy not to go through with the order and flip it for more than MSRP just like the new corvette.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I completed my order a few days ago and was told there will be no dealer stock Broncos until 2022 and all inventory coming in was for reservation holders who have initiated the buy. I was also told that more than likely delivery to reservation holders will occur close to the end of the year rather than the June date previously specified.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
My dealer said I was crazy not to go through with the order and flip it for more than MSRP just like the new corvette.

That statement is crazy. One of the vehicles has decades of proven performance and a fanatical fan base, and the other vehicle is still not available or proven. %)

Easy for me to bash that dealer's statement since I'm a previous '67 Vette owner and likely a new one in my future.

When the new $60K Bronco can keep up with $250K 4X4's, like a new $60K Corvette keeps up with $250K sports cars, I'll listen to the dealer flap his gums.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I completed my order a few days ago and was told there will be no dealer stock Broncos until 2022 and all inventory coming in was for reservation holders who have initiated the buy. I was also told that more than likely delivery to reservation holders will occur close to the end of the year rather than the June date previously specified.

that's gonna suck.. :(