• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone interested in reproduction Koening winch fairleads?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I received a email this evening from a Bronco owner who is needing one of these.

Unfortunately, I'm sold out of them and due to the niche nature of this part I’m hesitant to invest the the time, materials and cost of plating to make another batch without any commitments for them since I've already made a couple runs of these over the last several years.

The price on the last batch I made a few years ago was $150. This price may go up a bit depending on current material and plating costs.

IF INTERESTED
>>>Email me at broncitisparts@gmail.com <<<

The original Koenig PTO winches have seemed to become quite popular in recent years for use on restorations and even some resto-mods. During the restoration we did on our 1967 U14, we needed to replace the damaged fairlead which is welded into the Koenig bumper. These are often damaged from running into things, having the hook pulled in too tight against the rollers, or the rollers are often badly scarred from hard use.

A few years ago I made several of them while I was setting up to make the one for ours. The extras sold out and I was contacted again for a few and decided to make another batch of a dozen which also sold out relatively quickly.

These are direct replacements for the originals with a few slight modifications and improvements:

• CNC laser cut and formed upper and lower frame
• Heavy wall industrial chrome plated rollers with Oilite bronze bushings
• Stainless steel roller shafts with snap retaining rings so rollers can be removed.

The original shafts were plug welded into frame ends, and these could be as well if desired. I also made the frame and horizontal rollers just a hair longer so that when you cut out the welds on and remove the original frame; you will not have a large gap to fill with weld when you install the new ones.

You can see some photos of them here...

https://www.broncitisparts.com/product/broncitis-reproduction-koenig-winch-bumper-roller-failrlead