• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MS 1976 Frame, glove box door, title, axles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1976 frame that was wire brushed, wire wheeled, etc to clean up and then painted with POR 15. It has F250 shock mounts on the front and WH inboard shock mounts on the rear. It was setup for 3.5 suspension and then later all removed. (no suspension included but the 9 inch does have stock leaf springs attached)
I have a Dana 44 and a 9 inch that can go with it, the 44 had disc brakes but they have been removed (not included). These axles came from a 75 model.
The title was signed over to the previous owner and never registered, all I can do is pass it on but it is the original title. I bought this in 2008.

The pictures below I took this week, except for the last pic, that is a pic when the suspension was on it. Same frame, just been sitting for a long time inside.

To be clear, this is for the frame, the glove box door that matches the frame, the title as is, and axles.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC00875.jpg
    DSC00875.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 442

AndoAlto

I’m interested but I need to know title status (salvaged etc.) and why it’s not in your name please. Is the PO deceased or what is the issue please?

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m interested but I need to know title status (salvaged etc.) and why it’s not in your name please. Is the PO deceased or what is the issue please?

All I can tell you is the person I bought it from had the original title that was signed over to the person he bought it from. I have that in hand. It changed hands 2 times without being registered. Is the person it was signed over to deceased, I have no idea.
I have no idea if you can still read the serial number on the frame, I can look when I'm back where its located but that will be in March.

AndoAlto

The dmv won’t let me register it unless the title is signed over to me. The only way I can see that happening is if you somehow get it registered first to your name, which will come with fresh title paperwork upon which you would be able to sign over to a new buyer. Have you tried registering it? If you can do that and can read the vin on the frame, I wouldn’t mind having first dibs. I can wait.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm sorry, but I'm not putting any leg work into this. I totally understand your postion but I am cleaning things out and not in a position to put anything into it, if I did it wouldn't be listed for $1000.
I certainly hope that doesn't come across as me being an ass, certainly not intended. I wish I wasn't selling any of this Bronco stuff but reality has set in that I will likely never do anything with it, so time to let it move on. But it's moving on as is.

The dmv won’t let me register it unless the title is signed over to me. The only way I can see that happening is if you somehow get it registered first to your name, which will come with fresh title paperwork upon which you would be able to sign over to a new buyer. Have you tried registering it? If you can do that and can read the vin on the frame, I wouldn’t mind having first dibs. I can wait.

rhino2104

The person it was registered to signed the back of the title. Did the previous owner who bought it sign the back of the title as well or is that block open and ready for a signature?

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The person it was registered to signed the back of the title. Did the previous owner who bought it sign the back of the title as well or is that block open and ready for a signature?

It was signed over to a previous owner who never registered it. A previous owners name is in the buyers signature place. In MS I was told that person needed to give me a bill of sale or I needed the original seller to get a copy of the title and resign over to me. OR, I could get a title bond. I know not all states are the same. I have the original title in hand, so it's workable, just not clean and easy. I did make contact with the son of one of the names on the title but it's been a while, I never followed up with the Dad after that. I can pass that information on as well. I ended up using parts for another build so the effort didn't seem worth it to me at the time.

ame

Great price! I just dealt with a similar title situation in Oregon and as long as the title was signed by the person it was issued too originally then it should not be a problem. I just told DMV I bought it as a project years ago and forgot to register it, they dont need to know it ever changed hands without being registered between the tilted owner selling it and me buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.