• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR 1974 Bronco Roadster w M416 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
After owning this Bronco for over 30 years, I am reluctantly putting it up for sale. Life has thrown a few curves. I have driven this Bronco all over the country and is what I would call a street and trail Bronco. It rides and runs great, not a show Bronco, but one built to be reliable and still tackle tough trails. I will list all pros and cons in each section below. Originally a 1974 Ranger model, it was stock when I bought it, and like many Broncos back in the 80s, the Bronco had been transformed. There are pictures under Adventure Bronco, but current ones I can send through email. With the Bronco would come all the extra parts I have. I also have a M416 trailer that I towed behind the Bronco for sale, an excellent overlanding setup that my kids and I enjoyed in our travels around the country.

Body:
-Converted to a roadster years ago. The inserts are from WH. The inside of the tub is Rhino lined. The bottom is POR 15 treated. The Bronco is solid, the only rust I have ever found when I pulled the body off years ago was 1" square area on the passenger inner fender near the heater fresh air vent. Rust was cut out and a patch was welded in. There is an access panel in the bed to get to the EFI rear tank fuel pump, it is tastefully done and saved me from having to drop the tank once already.
-The rocker panels are 4" square tube, 3 1/16" thick, sealed on both ends.
-Hood is louvered with a Duff hood bubble with baja holes on the side of the bubble. Has hood pins. Inner fender wells also have holes in them.
-Seats are Beard street seats on sliders made for the Bronco. Rear seat is stock and I have the matching material to cover the seat to match the front seats. Newer lap belts for the front, originals for the back.
-Dash has an aluminum plate over the top. Autometer gauges including a tach on the roll cage. Tuffy glove box and center console. Dash is well thought out with placement of switches easy to see and get to.
-Flaming River SS tilt column with a Bronco steering wheel from Toms.
-Smittybuilt 6 point roll cage.
-Top is a Bestop super top, also have the Bestop bikini top. Doors are also Bestop, and I also have a set of Kayline soft doors with the frames. The fabric on the Bestop is good, Bikini top is new, the Kayline fabric is fair. With the Bestop windshield riser, the wiper cover is on and the map light works great and is handy. The windshield wiper arms are the flip out WH ones.
-Jeep CJ style mirrors are on the windshield frame.
-2" body lift.
-No car accidents to the body, did crush one original rocker panel from wheeling. In transparency, my ex wife did take a hammer to the body tub years ago when we separated, so there is bondo in the body tub. A body shop did the repair work and paint.

Engine:
-EFI 351W approximately 75-80K on motor. It is bored 30 over, 9:1 pistons, runs on regular gas. '69 Windsor heads with L shaped cooling passages. Isky supercam which is like an RV cam. Lots of low end torque. WH extreme engine mounts.
-Lightening lower intake, Explorer upper intake with a 1" spacer, Explorer TB with the Viper mod, Explorer fuel rail. Mustang sensors. BCB throttle cable and C4 kick down cable. A9T computer redone by EFI guy. Ryan's EFI harness which I think now is the Ron Davis one, I bought the harness from Tom's years ago. Explorer heater tubes. 19# injectors that have been cleaned and tested.
-Explorer serpentine conversion with a Saginaw/Dephi pump. Metal explorer fan.
-Vintage broncos 4 core radiator with Ron Davis fan shroud.
-The only issue with the motor is that it is consuming oil since the EFI conversion. It has never run better, so I think the issue may be either the intake manifold gasket, or sucking oil through the intake PCV valve. Since the Bronco is in a storage unit, I am not able to work on it.

Drivetrain and brakes:
-Dana 44 front end with a Powerloc, 4:10 gearing, Chevy disk brake conversion with mud guards.
-9" rear with Detroit locker, 4:11 gearing
-Driveshafts have been modified to match the suspension travel
-Modified C4 automatic with a lower first and second gear kit with a lower than stock torque converter. 2:90 first gear. This is like having 4:88s in the diffs for first gear, 4:56s for 2nd gear, and the 4:10s so you can cruise highway speeds. With the low stall speed torque converter, you do have some compression braking. I have been very happy with this setup.
- Twin sticked J shifter transfer case with a 2:42 low gear set in it. The twin sticks are by JB Fab.
-Original style power brake booster, the big one.

Bumpers, armor, and winch:
-Hanson 3/16" front plate winch bumper.
-Hanson 1/4" rear plate bumper with a double swing out. This was built by Wayne back in 1996. I sent him measurements of where I wanted the full size spare and the baskets and he delivered. The bumper ends also curve up giving even more ground clearance. The bumper has a 2" receiver built into the bumper for max ground clearance.
-Warn 8274 winch rebuilt by Warn a few years ago.
-WH rock blocker front diff guard
-BCB 3/16" belly pan.
-Both gas tanks have 3/16" skid plates.

Fuel tanks:
-BCB EFI 23 gallon rear tank. This is an early one with the noisy pump, I have a brand new pump from BCB (quiet one) still in the box, and with the access panel, easy to put in. BCB 3/16" skid plate.
-NWMP 12 gallon auxiliary tank with 3/16" skid plate. This tank is plumbed into the EFI return line. It is now basically a big fuel can. I have a safety switch on the dash to operate this tank, so no accidental overflows. Carter high flow fuel pump on the frame with a Carter check valve to stop unwanted back flow to the tank. This works great with no issues.

Suspension and tires:
-3 1/2" WH rock crawler front coils with newer long travel style spring cups and 7 degree bushings.
-3 1/2" WH rear springs with extreme duty u bolts. Currently has WH super shackles, but I have new heavy duty boomerang shackles for more wheel travel in a box that goes with the Bronco
-WH extreme front shock hoops.
-WH shock Joc rear shock mounts.
-Double shocked with James Duff shocks. The Bronco rides and handles excellent with this setup. All bump stops are placed for maximum articulation and full shock travel.
-All bushing are new.
-35 BFG Mud Terrains on 15 x 8 Ultra wheels, full size spare with matching wheel.

I am sure I am missing something, please ask any questions that you may have. The Bronco is an eye catcher and performs well. With the M416 military trailer that is on matching wheels and tires (the spare works for both), I am asking $45K for both.

Thanks,
Z Bronco

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Wow! Sorry to hear that you're selling. One of the nicest Broncos on this board.

Todd Z.

ame

Good luck with the sale, sounds like a great Bronco. Is it currently in Bend or Salem?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
GOOD LUCK Warren! can only hope this a sale of want and not need! Take care brother! A couple of pics from LONG AGO!

Attachments

• BID.jpg
    BID.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 255
  • BID2.jpg
    BID2.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 232
OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
This is a sale of need being honest, I finally got the Bronco set up the way I want. Life through some curves. If enough other things sell, then I will be able to keep my Bronco. The Bronco is in Salem at the moment.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
sorry buddy....sending good vibes!

EB70

Big bummer. I finally see the light and get some Broncos. Wished I would have paid attention when we worked together. I think about you often and am sad to hear this. Hope things turn around, that is a well-sorted Bronco.

OP
OP
Z Bronco

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Well, I am keeping my Bronco and the trailer. Life's curves are smoothing out.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
FLATTEN THE CURVE!!! happy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.