• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 71 Lubr - For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
As much as this pains me, I need to thin my herd. I have done most of the work on this one, exception being paint and body work. Hoping it will find a good home. I recommend and endorse seeing it 1st hand or having it inspected. I have chosen some random pictures of the build to post, I have plenty more. If you wish to chat, you are welcome to PM me. Dirtdonk knows me personally, and I am sure he would provide an honest opinion of my Rig if asked. I am not in a hurry, I don't have to sell it, and so Here are the particulars:

1971 Grabber Green Bronco
The History that I have pieced together: It was originally sold in Oxnard California in December 1970 and then found its way to Pueblo Colorado in 1975. It was sold again 2008 to another gentleman in Pueblo, CO who had big plans for it. The Bronco was disassembled and a new motor was built and it never went back together. From that point it appears to have been sold for its parts and it became not much more than a rolling chassis. At some point thereafter (2014?), Andrew Norton of Baja Broncos, purchased the chassis and had it brought back to California for a project he was thinking about. I was able to purchase it from him in July 2015. It was a 2.5 year frame off resto-mod project. (I have the Marti report.)
2001 Explorer motor with 100K on it. Heads were removed to get broken exhaust manifold bolts out, bolts were finally extracted by local machine shop, who also did a valve job. Main caps removed and bearings checked, all in good shape. New: oil pump, timing gear set, water pump, thermostat, hoses, exhaust manifolds, plugs/wires, sensors, and gaskets throughout.
Engine wiring harness mods and ECU reflash done by EFI Guy. Engine retains EGR and has Charcoal Canister, with purge value. VSS/wiring added for Future Cruise control upgrade. (Not Done)
Custom Aero 23 gallon fuel tank, that accepts Factory fuel pump (new) assembly for a 2001 Explorer, custom fuel line with Explorer fuel filter.
Centech wiring harness on Chassis, Odyssey battery, custom Batt cables
Explorer front dress, with new fan clutch and new Ford plastic fan, New WH's 3 row Radiator, Ron Morris aluminum fan shroud
1999 4R70W, 2 whl drive tranny, completely rebuilt with shift kit, new Torque converter, AA adapter. Has Hayden trans cooler, separate from Factory style new radiator.
T-shift D20 rebuilt by local shop. New drive shafts front and rear .
Powder coated Frame, (with VIN numbers protected) Wild Horses 2.5 lift springs in the front, Deaver 3.5" leaf springs in the back. All suspension components new or rebuilt, fresh bushings, 1" body lift, Bilstein shocks
Heavy duty 3,300 lbs rear end, nodular housing, 4:11 gears and Ford Trac-loc. New bearings and seals, Trac-loc rebuilt. Factory rear 11" x 1 3/4" drums
Dana 44, 4:11 gears with Dana Trac- loc. GM front disc brake conversion. All new bearings and seals, all new greaseable ball joints.
New BFG all Terrain 15 x 10.5 x 31 tires on new 15 x 7, (3.75" BS) US Mags. Has a new Cooper AT 15 x 9.5 x 29 tire mounted on a 15 x 5.5 argent rim for a spare tire.

Astro Van Hydroboost with EBay offset mounting bracket and bell crank assembly, new hydraulic hoses, with a cooler. 6-turn Factory Steering box, rebuilt, with BCB re-enforcing plate welded to frame. Rebuilt 1974 Automatic steering column, with Lokar linkage. (Was a 3 spd, with manual steering) New stainless brake lines, and extended steel braided brake hoses. Extended P-brake cables.
Toltron LED back up flood set into the rear bumper. Hard Korr XD120 LED driving lights on front bumper. Hella H4 headlights, with relay kit. Custom Hella interior lights in hardtop. LED under dash light
Retro Sound AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB ports, Radio. Retro Sound Amp, (4) speakers: 4" in the doors, 6x9" in the back. Scott Drake replacement Factory antenna
Procar Classic Seats, with a Wild Horses center counsel, 3 point seat belts, with a single hoop roll cage by Cage Dave. Inside of tub has tinted Raptor lined applied, with custom carpet in back and a factory mat in front. Has a new rear factory rubber mat under the carpet to flatten out the ridges. Undercarriage has undercoating applied. (I have before shots to prove there is no rust hiding underneath) wheel wells also have undercoating.
Dash and door panels powder coated, Speedo and gauge assembly rebuilt by Klassy Gauges in UT. New glove box, rebuilt Driver side air box, rebuilt fresh air Heater inlet, rebuilt heater box, with new heater core and GM motor/fan upgrade. Dynomat installed under the dash/firewall/cowl, 3M sound deadening pads applied to the inside of the doors.
Grabber Green paint (original color) and body work completed by Dave Virga Customs. Inside of Hardtop Raptor lined white, with Tom's Bronco parts Tinted hardtop glass. The Hardtop is an early style as the original was missing when the Bronco was purchased. Bronco has original floor pans, both rear quarter panels were replaced (Cut way back for large tires), Has new a hood, new Passenger's fender as originals were missing. New rocker panels on both sides due to rust, bondo, and dents. Used doors were purchased and rehabbed as needed, (Pass door was reskined) with new hinges on both sides. (Missing when purchased as well)
I am sure that there some things that I missed/forgot about... But, everything is practically new or rebuilt. I would not hesitate driving this Bronco anywhere. It has 2,600 miles on it since it was put back together. It was at the Tom's Rock and Roll event this summer and we drove it on the Crater Lake cruise. It has been at a number of the Wild Horse's Round up events, won 3rd place for Lubr Broncos in 2019.
The only task that needs to be done is installation of the lower door seals, I just have not been happy with the quality of the replacements. I keep hoping that some manufacturer will make something that is closer to the originals.
I am Asking $68,000.00 for it and I am pretty firm on that price. Not interested in trades, the Build thread is on www.norcalbroncos.com "71 Lubr - Missing parts build"

Doug

Attachments

• IMG_20170616_113543907_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170616_113543907_HDR.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 6925.jpeg
    6925.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_20161026_210929243_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161026_210929243_HDR.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,011
  • DSCN4053.jpg
    DSCN4053.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 973
  • DSCN3880.jpg
    DSCN3880.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 790
  • DSCN3835.jpg
    DSCN3835.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 798
  • DSCN3834.jpg
    DSCN3834.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 830
  • DSCN3754.jpg
    DSCN3754.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 784
  • DSCN3552.jpg
    DSCN3552.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 870
  • DSCN3551.jpg
    DSCN3551.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 822
  • DSCN3550.jpg
    DSCN3550.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 751
  • DSCN3364.jpg
    DSCN3364.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 748

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
Very nice rig and very well built I'm sure someone will appreciate the time it takes to build one to this level.

Last edited:

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Out of my price range...but I do love it! GLWYS

JGO

Contributor
Doug's builds are second to none! His OCD/attention to detail separate his trucks from normal builds! Very nice!

OP
OP
904Bronco

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Thank you all that have reached out.. From positive remarks, to the tire kickers, to what's your bottom dollar price folks.

New Years Price drop to $60K, there is the bottom. If no one has a hankering for it, I am considering BAT in the Spring.

Doug

75Denver

I've seen your Bronco at the WH events and DANG is it clean!! I wouldn't go for less than $60k knowing how meticulous you are and the level of build quality. For any prospect buyers, look around at the builds some of the well marketed builders around the country are putting out and this trumps most of those! BAT will definitely find you the right buyer. GLWS

OP
OP
904Bronco

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I've seen your Bronco at the WH events and DANG is it clean!! I wouldn't go for less than $60k knowing how meticulous you are and the level of build quality. For any prospect buyers, look around at the builds some of the well marketed builders around the country are putting out and this trumps most of those! BAT will definitely find you the right buyer. GLWS

Thank you for the kind words...;D

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Thank you all that have reached out.. From positive remarks, to the tire kickers, to what's your bottom dollar price folks.

New Years Price drop to $60K, there is the bottom. If no one has a hankering for it, I am considering BAT in the Spring.

Doug

This Bronco will save you a ton of money and time. Doug brought it by our shop and we spent a good amout of time oohing and ahhing over it. There is so much cool on this LUBR build. You really need to see it in person. Worth every penny.

Jim

OP
OP
904Bronco

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
To those parties that reached out to me in PM's over the past weekend, I have responded to you twice and I am assuming that I have been "Ghosted"....

Status
Not open for further replies.