• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD First EB looking for a driver. Prefer uncut 3 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmith

Adjusting budget. $25k but could go a little more. I am looking for a solid driver that could use a little TLC. Prefer uncut with a 3 speed on the column but am flexible. I could be happy with an auto.

Broncos are few and far between in my area and when you do find something, they are usually basket cases due to the road salt. That being said, anything decent will probably be at least a days drive for me.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Last edited:

Tugross302

Mike. Have you talked to bronco Ed in Fairmont? He usually can get his hands on one if he doesn’t already have one for sale

OP
OP
msmith

msmith

Mike. Have you talked to bronco Ed in Fairmont? He usually can get his hands on one if he doesn’t already have one for sale

I don't know Bronco Ed in Fairmont. I did get off the phone a little while ago with Rick in Bridgeport. He has one that is in my price range but will need 3-5k to get it where I like it. I should have bought the blue one he had last year but I was working 12 hours a day plus it was storm season (power company) so I ended up missing out on that one.

Do you have contact info for Ed?

Tugross302

Ed and Rick work on broncos together. So talking to either one will do. Rick has one of mine right now replacing some sheet metal

Clay Bryant

Mike, I haven't talked to him for awhile but Mike Hinz at 402-362-6834 has a 71 4x4 that he was wanting $15.5 for. The only thing is it's been converted to a 6cyl. BMW Turbo Diesel but everything else on the thing is original. Don't know about you but in my 60 some years I've had some "mods" that never bothered me as I'm more into body looks then anything, not show vehicles. It looked pretty straight but being a EB I'm sure there's some rust issues somewhere on it. I had a Datsun 210 years ago with a 260Z engine shoehorned into it and had my kicks surprising people.

OP
OP
msmith

msmith

Mike, I haven't talked to him for awhile but Mike Hinz at 402-362-6834 has a 71 4x4 that he was wanting $15.5 for. The only thing is it's been converted to a 6cyl. BMW Turbo Diesel but everything else on the thing is original. Don't know about you but in my 60 some years I've had some "mods" that never bothered me as I'm more into body looks then anything, not show vehicles. It looked pretty straight but being a EB I'm sure there's some rust issues somewhere on it. I had a Datsun 210 years ago with a 260Z engine shoehorned into it and had my kicks surprising people.

Thank you! It's a bit far to go look (15-16 hour drive) but I will give him a call. Conversions can always be converted back if needed and if the price is right.

clinem03

Still looking :)

Keep at it! I spent a little over 4 years looking for the same kind you're searching for...and I am glad I spent the time looking for the right one. It looks like you are expanding your search, but if not, going "national" may help as you will have a much larger selection to choose from. I picked up my 76 from LA and had it shipped out to NC. PM me if you want a good transport broker.

OP
OP
msmith

msmith

Keep at it! I spent a little over 4 years looking for the same kind you're searching for...and I am glad I spent the time looking for the right one. It looks like you are expanding your search, but if not, going "national" may help as you will have a much larger selection to choose from. I picked up my 76 from LA and had it shipped out to NC. PM me if you want a good transport broker.

Thanks. I peruse Face Book market place, Autotempest, Cultcars, and here almost daily. I'll find one. I am almost to the point of buying a $6-8k project, ordering a new body and crate motor, and building from that.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks. I peruse Face Book market place, Autotempest, Cultcars, and here almost daily. I'll find one. I am almost to the point of buying a $6-8k project, ordering a new body and crate motor, and building from that.

That is what I basically did. By the time you pay up for a project that costs more because it is complete or running, you may be better off if you want to do a total restore and replace everything anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.