• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 6cyl clutch fork return spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrunken

I'm looking to have a spring manufacturer make a clutch fork return spring for my '66 6 cyl. I recently posted that I was looking for an original spring. I got scammed by 1 person who replied. Frenchy was so kind to locate one for me. Sadly, that spring broke under tension. Last, no one reproduces the spring. I want something that looks stock and not a rigging of an over the counter spring.

I don't know any smaller companies who make springs. That being said, I've reached out to a larger spring manufacturer. Their quote was really high - $800. The good news is after setup, the cost for each additional spring made was only a couple of dollars. The plan is to either have the spring made out of the same original wire or stainless steel.

My question for the community - is there any interest/demand for this spring? I can have as many made as I want. I'd plan on selling the springs for $10. That seems like a reasonable price and would help pay down the cost for the one I need.

I'm open to any thoughts and ideas. If someone knows where I can find a spring or a more reasonable spring maker, I'd appreciate the information.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Check with these local spring guys—sprinco USA. Just east of 183 near Manor. They have offered to make springs for me before. Good luck with quest—I could use a few.

dsenatore

Contributor
Loc.
East Walpole
I'd be interested in 1-2. I bought an off the shelf one from one of the auto parts stores(Advance I think) and while it fits it's a lighter gauge so I would be willing to upgrade to something closer to spec.
Thanks,
David

OP
OP
C

cbrunken

'6 cyl clutch fork return spring

I had 25 extra springs made. They've been powder coated. Top spring is the original.

If you are interested in one of the extras, PM me. I'm asking $25 each.

Attachments

• 6 Cyl Clutch Fork Spring.jpg
    6 Cyl Clutch Fork Spring.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.