• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Parking Brake Pedal Assembly - Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

71 CA Bronco

I'm in need of a parking brake actuator assembly. It houses the pedal and e brake handle. Bolts under dash and to the lower firewall. Apparently there are two types. One that the cable threads into and the other where it hooks into the assembly. I'm looking for the one that hooks into the cable.

Let me know if you have one for sale. ;D

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The term "parking brake assembly" generally refers to the actuating mechanism. The pedal assembly that bolts to the firewall and under the dash.

It sounds like you're looking for parts for the cable mounting underneath the floorboards though.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Poor wording on my part.

Its the complete actuator and pedal assembly I'm needing from under dash. Bolts to dash and lower firewall. I was told there are two types (one where the cable threads on and the other where it hooks into the assembly). That is what I was trying to clarify. I need the one where the cable hooks into the assembly.

Edited the ad above. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

I bought one of the great Justino today! Thank you Justin.
He has several more if anyone needs one.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Well I'm back in the hunt for a parking brake assembly. I've purchased two already. First one, is just too rusted/pitted up. I'm sure its fine but I'm a bit anal about putting subpar parts on my bronco after spending nearly 5 years restoring it. I screwed up on the second one I purchased, it would work too but the other style is pre-drilled for the parking light warning switch. I pre-wired my Bronco for the parking light warning switch so it would be nice to have that.

Long story short I am looking for the humped shaped parking brake assembly like the one in the top of the attached photo. The lower one does not have the pre-drilled holes. If anyone has one available please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.