• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I wrecked her

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Did you drive 90mph in your Bronco often?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Not often, but it happens. It saw 110 once. Felt fine, but I was pretty much out of RPMs at that point. 80 was a regular occurrence. It only looked ugly, I kept it up on the mechanical end.

Speaking of which; I bent the tie rod, and track bar, and it looks like the right front hub is busted, but all else in the suspension and driveline seems to be fine.

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
My wife suggested I could replace the body with the shell of a 70 fastback I have.... but I’d have to stretch the frame 16”. And I think the mustang body needs more work than the bronco does!
But still, I thought about it

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Though I’m still pissed, I know how very fortunate I am!

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Here’s my Cleveland, still sittin pretty.

Attachments

• A6C4017E-2393-4643-BC2E-5B1503DFDCA2.jpg
    A6C4017E-2393-4643-BC2E-5B1503DFDCA2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Oops I’m lying, that shot is before the crash. Same diff

67RT

Bronco Guru
I was given a hard time by a coworker about this.
He thinks it was foolish to try and pass both cars, and it was fully my fault, no matter the action of the cement truck.
So, I’m adding this to defend my position, in case that may be the (unspoken) view here As well.
here’s pictures of the stretch of road. Long and straight for easily a 1/3 mile.
And while it was technically double yellow lines, the passing zone was eminent, I had a clear view of everything, with zero chance of cross traffic.
The pic on the left is where I was coming from (you can see where I hit the dirt after crossing lanes) and the pic on the right is where I was headed (can see where I left the shoulder, to cross the lanes)

This should’ve been a real easy pass. Wtf.

The problem is that if you hit the pass lane in a double yellow the truck driver assumed no one was passing in this zone and was free and clear. You were probably in his blind spot. Sorry, but on you. Glad you are ok and cars can be fixed. Check frame for tweakage.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Could definitely have been worst.. :(

I was given a hard time by a coworker about this.
He thinks it was foolish to try and pass both cars, and it was fully my fault, no matter the action of the cement truck.
So, I’m adding this to defend my position, in case that may be the (unspoken) view here As well.
here’s pictures of the stretch of road. Long and straight for easily a 1/3 mile.
And while it was technically double yellow lines, the passing zone was eminent, I had a clear view of everything, with zero chance of cross traffic.
The pic on the left is where I was coming from (you can see where I hit the dirt after crossing lanes) and the pic on the right is where I was headed (can see where I left the shoulder, to cross the lanes)

This should’ve been a real easy pass. Wtf.

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
The problem is that if you hit the pass lane in a double yellow the truck driver assumed no one was passing in this zone and was free and clear. You were probably in his blind spot. Sorry, but on you. Glad you are ok and cars can be fixed. Check frame for tweakage.

Well I appreciate your candor.

I haven’t hung any plumb bobs yet, but you bet I will!
Check out my track bar!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 93

elan

Loc.
s
I've been doing 1st gen Broncos for many decades (5).
We used to joke at work about them, "unsafe at any speed".
Company policy was never drive one over 60 mph. They weren't wrong.

reynard101

Bronco Guru
Nice Cleveland! Bet it puts out some power! 2V or 4V?

Glad you're ok. Fix the Bronco!

OP
OP
ugly74

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Nice Cleveland! Bet it puts out some power! 2V or 4V?

Glad you're ok. Fix the Bronco!

I lucked out with some Aussie, quench chamber, 2v heads.
It runs sweet. Theres only about 120 miles on it.