• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Long travel shock hoops

Tonkabronco

Hello Classic Broncos, my name is Mike and I am starting a new off road products company. We plan on offering a variety of innovative off road and outdoor related products, but our real passion has always been EB’s.

We’d like to start by offering our new EB long travel shock hoops. These are designed for those of you who want to run a single smooth body style shock, with or without a remote reservoir (like Fox, Sway-a-way, Bilstein, etc...) The mounting tabs have 1 ¼" spacing. This version requires at least a 1” body lift.

They are constructed of .120 wall D.O.M steel tube. All the flat parts are laser cut ¼” HRP&O steel plate. The shock mounting tabs are 3/16” steel and are gusseted on top. The tubing and flat pieces are precision notched and fit, then everything is assembled and welded in several custom jigs.

The Front Hoops come with all-new grade 8 hardware. The hoops bolt to the top portion of the coil spring bucket and use a backing plate to reinforce the connection. The frame end of the hoop bolts to the frame with a 9/16” bolt. Also included is a frame reinforcement sleeve that will need to be welded. The ends of the sleeve are beveled to make welding it in place simple. As always, 76 & 77 models may require some modification to the driver's side inner fender well.

The rears come with all-new grade 8 hardware. They mount the shock in the forward leaning position, and will require some very minor trimming of the sheet metal edge on the bottom of the rear inner fender well. You do not need to cut the actual inner fender well, just trim the bottom edge. They bolt to the frame with three 7/16” bolts and use a backing plate. They have a .120 wall DOM tube that bolts in place and ties them together for strength. This also stiffens the rear portion of the frame. The tube snouts are made from .188 wall DOM tube and are finished off with a pressed-in billet aluminum end cap.

They come in a high-quality powder coat finish, in your choice of either the popular hammer tone grey, or a 40% semi-gloss black.

The price will be $230 per set (FRONT OR REAR) but for this first run, we would like to offer them to Classic Broncos members at $10 off per set.

If you would like to buy a set, need help installing them, want to give us input on our products, or just talk about Broncos, give me a call, PM or Email. I hope you like the first of many products to come.
Thanks,
Mike
(661)618-4508
tonka88@sbcglobal.net

Attachments

• Grey Set.jpg
    Grey Set.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 385
  • Black Set.JPG
    Black Set.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 339
  • blue bronco 08.jpg
    blue bronco 08.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 372
  • blue bronco 02.jpg
    blue bronco 02.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 287
  • blue bronco 09.jpg
    blue bronco 09.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 287
  • Front details.jpg
    Front details.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Rear CU.jpg
    Rear CU.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 321
  • Front hoop.jpg
    Front hoop.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 505
  • blue bronco 10.JPG
    blue bronco 10.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 402
  • blue bronco 11.JPG
    blue bronco 11.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 439
  • Frame reinforcment kit.jpg
    Frame reinforcment kit.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 286
OP
OP
T

Tonkabronco

Thanks, My blue truck in the pictures has 4 1/2" of lift and I'm running 12's in the front and 10's in the rear

markyyg

Contributor
Hoops

Could u give me shipping on two fronts to 76234, thank you

ren71

Is $230 the discount price or is it $10 off of it for a total of $220 for each set?

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Not to hijack here.

Just an FYI to newbies: DOM is tubing that is Drawn Over a Mandrel. It maintains a constant size. It it is made from sheets of steel and welded together, then drawn over a mandrel that will cold form the weld area.

HRP&O is metal that was hot rolled (made while red hot) then pickeled in an acid bath to remove surface slag and then oiled to prevent rust. The oil would later be removed to weld and to coat.

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
Anyone hear from this guy anymore? I really like the rear shock mount but can't seem to get ahold of him!

Anyone running one of these rear mounts?

snick

Contributor
Does anyone know what happened to this guy? I really like his set-up and would love get my hands on one of them. I've tried to contract him multiple times over the last 2 years but have never heard back. Or if anyone has one of his set-ups that they're not using, please contact me.

Last edited:

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I recall seeing these for sale on Ebay at one time. Not sure if it is the same person or not but they sure look the same.