• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to the Quarter Mil Club Mr. Rich! I was wondering what that one would bring. It was done well.

distended

Contributor
Welcome to the Quarter Mil Club Mr. Rich! I was wondering what that one would bring. It was done well.

I!

CAN!

NOT!

WAIT!

TO!

SEE!

WHAT!

MY!

P!

O!

S!

Could!

Go!

For!

FABT:-*M

mebco09

Looks like more than a simple repaint to me...

I've been running through the numbers in my head on this one. With the cost of labor and materials where they are today, and with the amount of work that the guy put into this one, I don't think there is a lot of profit left over. Maybe, if it is his shop that is doing all the work, but if you have to farm it out at $100+ an hour, it wouldn't take a lot to run up the bills over $50k. Thats only 500 hours.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like more than a simple repaint to me...

I dont doubt that is was not a simple repaint but the before and after pics still are hard to justify 60k difference to me anyway.

TNcoupe

I about spit out my coffee on the price of that F250. Im having a hard time not thinking that BaT isnt a money laundering service.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wondered that myself! Some of these prices seem like they are manipulating the market.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If that F250 legitimately sells, my '79 is going up for sale. %)

I would say so but there is something funny about this. Those don't bring that much. I have seen several for sale recently at a fifth of that price. I bet if you put one on there it would not bring anywhere near this.

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
I would say so but there is something funny about this. Those don't bring that much. I have seen several for sale recently at a fifth of that price. I bet if you put one on there it would not bring anywhere near this.

Yeah I know. I just don't see how that '67 can be a legitimate sale.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah I know. I just don't see how that '67 can be a legitimate sale.

I am not the conspiracy kind, but after the 79 Bronco going for 213K, this 67 truck going for 130, a 1976 Blazer Chalet for 125k, and several other high dollar oddballs it just makes you wonder if it is to drive the market. The spike after these sales drives others to list theirs thinking they hit the jackpot but they don't bring anywhere near these prices.