• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power steering box replacement advise please

freemanrebel

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good call, though it looks like the unit linked to by Todd might be for the '89-'95 Toyota 4Runner/Pickup applications due to the rib on the external side of the box near the input. Regardless of the application, it looks like the same box to me and is what we swapped onto my brother's '85 Toyota when he converted it over to crossover steering from the original forward/rearward push/pull design.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
When I replaced my stock manual steering to the popular 4X4X2 box,we used the frame strengthening kit from BC Broncos,works like a charm. You will want to brace the frame while your in there.;D

OP
OP
F

freemanrebel

When I replaced my stock manual steering to the popular 4X4X2 box,we used the frame strengthening kit from BC Broncos,works like a charm. You will want to brace the frame while your in there.;D

I had a camping trip planned and wanted to take the bronco so I just ended up using a 1990 Toyota box. I might go with the 4x4x2 at a later date.