• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dropped a wrench in the frame rail

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
If you can see it but not get it out - you could just glue it in place. A half a cartridge of RTV ought to keep it there.

Would be a great mystery for some future owner.
expanding foam would be better..
lol

omureebe

Remove rear bumper, insert squirrel. Put rear bumper back on. Remove front bumper. Those other ideas, like dryer vent brushes seem wimpy.

Beyond that.... I wonder how many tools I've FOUND over the years that never dislodged from a vehicle.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Remove rear bumper, insert squirrel. Put rear bumper back on. Remove front bumper"

LOL!;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I used a chimney brush...not dryer vent

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Attempt 1 with the magnet from outside the frame did not go well. I heard it move a smidge and then stop. I soaked a microfiber in wd40 and put it between the magnet and the frame (frames powdercoated) and slid it up and down the frame. Still pretty hard to do with the rag. I did get a small bolt, so I guess its a minor victory. I'm excited to see what else will fall out of it.

Chimeny brush will be here on Sunday, they're out of season at the hardware stores nearby.

My guess is 1/2" wrench maybe 3/4"... should we start a lottery? Lol... kidding

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Do a few max effort brake tests should bring it to the front of the frame. Anyone who drove trucks knows the freight always works it's way to the front of the cargo compartment over time. The magnet idea surprised me. I tried a magnet to get a nut out of the oil pan. All I found was the steel bottom of the pan and oil.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Slamming on the brakes isnt a bad idea.

I didn't order the fiberglass rods, I was planning to run a rope down the fram with the wire fish, then tie it to the eyelet on the brush and drag it thru. Its a 6" diameter brush I figured it'd grab just about anything inside the rail.

71 CA Bronco

My guess. Its a no name brand wrench because if it was a SnapOn or Mac this would have been a bigger priority early on.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Slamming on the brakes isnt a bad idea.

I didn't order the fiberglass rods, I was planning to run a rope down the fram with the wire fish, then tie it to the eyelet on the brush and drag it thru. Its a 6" diameter brush I figured it'd grab just about anything inside the rail.

You don't have to have the rods unless you want to use it on a chimney later:).

Keep something hooked up to both sides when you do it, that way it will work the first time.....

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Thats a good idea. No chance (less chance) of it getting stuck in there forever lol. Can't wait for the brush to show up, it'd be nice to make the jingle stop before I take it on the trail next week

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Since this has caused so much aggravation, if it does turn out to be a SnapOn wrench, feel free to send it to me and I'll be sure to keep it away from you.:)

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
speaking from experience there young fella?

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
I'm glad to know this kind of stuff happens to other people. I thought it was just me.

Best of luck with the fishing expedition!