• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

If you've done the Bronco Off-Roadeo ...

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...can you educate me, to help me decide?

1) I've got an Outer Banks ordered (at least as far as ordering it via a phone call to dealer) so is that enough to qualify to attend?

2) I'm in Central Kentucky so trying to decide between the New Hampshire or Texas locations. Anyone been to either of these?

3) Is it worth it? Other than paying for round trip tickets to fly there, would we be paying for food and lodging, etc?

4) And last but most important do they have several versions of new Bronco's to play around with?

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I can help you out.

1) Yes that qualifies (however after you finish Bronco OffRoadeo, you may want to change your order). ANY new Bronco qualifies to attend, and the top of the line Bronco Sports can attend.
2) I can only vouch for the Texas location. Finest instructors on the planet! :) If you want New Hampshire, you need to hurry. It will revert back to a ski area soon--Winter is coming!
3) I think it is worth it, if only to learn and experience all the cool buttons, features, and options that come with the truck. Like I mentioned earlier, many folks go home, call their dealer, and change options and packages based on what they experienced at Bronco OffRoadeo.
4) They do have several of the packages, however no manual transmission Broncos.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
New Hampshire location ends rodeo Nov 6 i learned just this morning.

If you do NH, PM me and maybe I can help you out some.

Hank

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Hey MP, anyone can attend from what I understand on the website - Bronco on order or not. Am I mistaken?

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Hey MP, anyone can attend from what I understand on the website - Bronco on order or not. Am I mistaken?

From my last understanding, only those who have placed a deposit or the few that have received a new bronco can attend. However, they allowed to purchase slots for friends and family to accompany them to the course. But things may have changed. I will find out tomorrow, and post what I learn.

TNcoupe

I attended Texas August 10th and 11th. It doesn't matter if you are a seasoned off roader or a rookie they will help you out. I've done plenty of off roading but it was nice to learn what buttons do what and the capabilities of the Bronco. They verified my reservation and since I haven't taken delivery yet it cost me $200 and $395 for the wife. The $200 will be refunded once I take delivery. They let my wife drive most of the demo session when they talk about all the features like sway bar disco, trail turn assist, and one pedal driving. She droves us about half the time but she wanted me to drive during most of the sketchy stuff. They taught her how to be a spotter and she spotted for pretty much the entire group when she wasn't in the Bronco with me.

I don't know where you are in Central KY but we flew out of Knoxville with Allegiant for $120 each or something like that. Showing $90 round trip right now, non stop.

They do have different versions but don't expect them to be much different or anything like you ordered. All the ones in Texas were preproduction models and had some features not necessarily bound to that trim level.
We did stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Marble Falls and not at the Horseshoe Bay Resort cause its significantly cheaper than the resort.

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks TNcoupe, good detail info! I'm near Lexington by the way.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
About half the fleet in Texas has transitioned to production models and the pre-productions are heading back to Ford for destruction. Still no manual transmissions scheduled for the production fleet, but there is a variety of models and packages.

@Prizefighter - Non-owners will "soon" be allowed to pay to attend the training. I don't know the cost, nor the date when this will occur, but its in the works, along with a couple other changes. I expect the cost to be a deterrent to a lot of prospective customers, but I hope I am wrong. Keep an eye on the Bronco OffRoadeo website, or subscribe to email list to get the info when this option drops.

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Guys,

I wanted to get in line at Off-Roadeo Moab... but no one would let me in. lol

We talked to one of the guides for over 30 minutes while we were there. Pretty cool place to do the Roadeo; but, I'm a little partial.

Jeff

Attachments

• 20210910_085025 1920 x 1080 res.jpg
    20210910_085025 1920 x 1080 res.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can't believe they wouldn't let the granddaddy of all those in the background in line, oh well.%) At least you got an awesome picture out of the deal!;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey Guys,

I wanted to get in line at Off-Roadeo Moab... but no one would let me in. lol

We talked to one of the guides for over 30 minutes while we were there. Pretty cool place to do the Roadeo; but, I'm a little partial.

Jeff

sux that you couldn't get in :(

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I can help you out.

1) Yes that qualifies (however after you finish Bronco OffRoadeo, you may want to change your order). ANY new Bronco qualifies to attend, and the top of the line Bronco Sports can attend.
2) I can only vouch for the Texas location. Finest instructors on the planet! :) If you want New Hampshire, you need to hurry. It will revert back to a ski area soon--Winter is coming!
3) I think it is worth it, if only to learn and experience all the cool buttons, features, and options that come with the truck. Like I mentioned earlier, many folks go home, call their dealer, and change options and packages based on what they experienced at Bronco OffRoadeo.
4) They do have several of the packages, however no manual transmission Broncos.

Thanks for sharing that info mr. Raffle winner :D

Lakeman77

@tasker How was the offroadeo at Gunstock? I'm scheduled to be there on the 14th

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Beyond expectations! Will post more later but highly recommended!

Attachments

• 20211007_074645.jpg
    20211007_074645.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 17

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
BACK at it today....can't tell you how impressed I was with the whole event. Just classy start to finish. The whole time went by quick but worth every second of it to me. Be sure to check everything out in the lodge before heading out, really cool stuff on display! ...a few pics included

Attachments

• OF2.jpg
    OF2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 24
  • OF3.jpg
    OF3.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 24
  • OF4.jpg
    OF4.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 26
  • OF5.jpg
    OF5.jpg