• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Tire Carrier

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So, "Cruisin the Coast" was fun. Had a problem with the old girl though. Seems my rear tire carrier got tired of holding up the 38" tire. The spindle shaft the builder used for a pivot point decided it had enough and snapped. That led to tearing the latches and safety pin slap through the pipes of the bumper:eek:

At 55 mph on a bridge, this is not something you want to happen. Especially with a tandem dump truck behind you. After the smoke cleared, the driver managed to miss the tire, carrier, and HI Lift laying in the road so no one got hurt.

Now, I need to find a new carrier capable of carrying that big of a tire. I'd like to see what everyone else is using. Please post some pictures of your solutions. I don't want to have to worry about loosing another tire and possibly causing an accident.