• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jeep v Bronco Education Tonight

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Drove my Bronco to pick up a to-go pizza just now... conversation with the kid at the take out window:

Me: One Pizza for Mark?

Kid: How old is your jeep?

Me: Its not a jeep, its a Bronco... a Ford Bronco

Kid: (takes a closer look) has a look of confusion.

Me: Its a '69, ~52 years old

Kid: (finally gets its not a jeep)... gives me an appreciated nod and gives me my pizza.

Made my day! :cool:;)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Good he got it!

Unfortunately, to the general public, "jeep" has become a generic word for all off-road capable vehicles smaller than a truck. Like kleenex or q-tip and coke are now generic.

And "jeeping" is now a verb! %)

Maybe the new Bronco will help educate them.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL... it's much better than that other word young man at pizza place. Haha

msmith

Good he got it!

Unfortunately, to the general public, "jeep" has become a generic word for all off-road capable vehicles smaller than a truck. Like kleenex or q-tip and coke are now generic.

And "jeeping" is now a verb! %)

Maybe the new Bronco will help educate them.

Fording always was a verb :cool:

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Fording always was a verb "...when you're right, you're right!:)

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Well, that's what happens when they stop teaching cursive in school. No one can read Bronco on the front fender.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
New Porsche 911 Turbo S ($200,000) was schooled in Old Scottsdale other day as I pulled up behind him. Nice sports car, but the 6 cheerleaders crossing the street in front of the sports car all ogled and squealed at the 50 year old Bronco. I waved and thought, gee just saved myself $192,000.