• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB width High Pinion Dana 44

zenzone

Rox/Jeff, now you have me wondering if it’s worth putting my front axle back together. I literally finished tearing it down to the knuckles last night. Took me almost a whole can of wd40 to get the spindle/caliper mount and knuckle to let go. I used a two arm puller on a spindle nut and i broke a spindle nut before finally getting the driver side to let go. I always thought I would cut and turn my inner c’s in the future when I upgrade my radius arms along with chime molly axles and lockers. Now you have me wondering if I should go down the same road as you know rather than putting 300 dollars in parts in this axle and still not be up to the standard of a high pinion. My current spindles and bearing are bad due to pitting. My inner spindle bearing looks like it had never been replaced as well. Hummm what to do.... Looks like I won’t be driving it to breakfast this Saturday to see everyone.

OP
OP
Rox Crusher

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Rox/Jeff, now you have me wondering if it’s worth putting my front axle back together. I literally finished tearing it down to the knuckles last night. Took me almost a whole can of wd40 to get the spindle/caliper mount and knuckle to let go. I used a two arm puller on a spindle nut and i broke a spindle nut before finally getting the driver side to let go. I always thought I would cut and turn my inner c’s in the future when I upgrade my radius arms along with chime molly axles and lockers. Now you have me wondering if I should go down the same road as you know rather than putting 300 dollars in parts in this axle and still not be up to the standard of a high pinion. My current spindles and bearing are bad due to pitting. My inner spindle bearing looks like it had never been replaced as well. Hummm what to do.... Looks like I won’t be driving it to breakfast this Saturday to see everyone.

not sure if I can make the breakfast cuz I'm carrying Madison back to college on Friday and may stay over night

lot's of people telling me I would be "overkillin' it" but I lean towards do it once and be done..............as long is it doesn't break the bank

hope you and the family are doing well !

zenzone

not sure if I can make the breakfast cuz I'm carrying Madison back to college on Friday and may stay over night

lot's of people telling me I would be "overkillin' it" but I lean towards do it once and be done..............as long is it doesn't break the bank

hope you and the family are doing well !

We are doing well! If we see you there great! If not hopefully soon. Tell the family hi for me!

We are doing well, things have been moving along well. I’m excited to get the bronco out soon, I got new tires, made the jump to 35’s. Gonna have the front axle fixed up. Should be driving really nice. If you do go with some of the axle upgrades mentioned above take notes in case I need them in the future. Haha For now I think I’ll just rebuild my current axle and get it back on the road. Take care and hope to catch up soon.