Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Classifieds > For Sale - 66-77 Bronco Parts

Closed Thread

Old 11/03/19, 07:02 PM   #1
77broncodriver
Contributor

Prunedale, CA

My Gallery
Garage
Ford EFI System
City: Prunedale
Price: $1000

Hey all,

I am wanting to sell my ford efi system to upgrade to a more tune-able system as I want to build my engine up farther, possibly build a stroker.

What is included:

Explorer upper/lower intake
Throttle body
Intake tube
All needed sensors
Stock MAF/ 19lbs injectors and a larger MAF calibrated for 30lbs injectors and the 30lbs injectors (I have heads/cam so upgraded to larger injectors)
MSD ready to run billet distributor (the tfi unit on this is far more reliable than the ford unit)
Throttle cable
Fuel rail
A9L computer? I have the auto trans computer, I think this is the one.
RJM engine harness

I am probably missing a few things but you would just need to get a fuel pump and plumb a return fuel line and you will be ready to go! I might actually have the in line fuel pump that I took off when I got an EFI fuel tank. If I can find it then you will just need to plumb the return!

I still have it all on the bronco so if anyone in the area wants to hear it run on my bronco and take it for a drive I will keep it on until I find a buyer.

You can reach me on here or call/text me at (831) 809-2746

Thanks,
Evan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0434.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	488537  

1977 - 5.0, EFI, 4r70w, D20, D44, 9", 2.5" sl, 2" BL, 35's
Old 11/03/19, 07:26 PM   #2
JGO
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77broncodriver View Post
Hey all,

I am wanting to sell my ford efi system to upgrade to a more tune-able system as I want to build my engine up farther, possibly build a stroker.

What is included:

Explorer upper/lower intake
Throttle body
Intake tube
All needed sensors
Stock MAF/ 19lbs injectors and a larger MAF calibrated for 30lbs injectors and the 30lbs injectors (I have heads/cam so upgraded to larger injectors)
MSD ready to run billet distributor (the tfi unit on this is far more reliable than the ford unit)
Throttle cable
Fuel rail
A9L computer? I have the auto trans computer, I think this is the one.
RJM engine harness

I am probably missing a few things but you would just need to get a fuel pump and plumb a return fuel line and you will be ready to go! I might actually have the in line fuel pump that I took off when I got an EFI fuel tank. If I can find it then you will just need to plumb the return!

I still have it all on the bronco so if anyone in the area wants to hear it run on my bronco and take it for a drive I will keep it on until I find a buyer.

You can reach me on here or call/text me at (831) 809-2746

Thanks,
Evan
In my opinion the best most tunable system is close to what you already have! EFI GUY out of Colorado will send you a tuning setup and work on your tune in the evenings sending improved files every day until its perfect! The best performing engine I have built utilized a similar Mustang based computer. The whole process and chip cost very little. I ended up at around 430HP/550ft lb of perfect idling power!
Old 11/03/19, 09:07 PM   #3
77broncodriver
Contributor

Prunedale, CA

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGO View Post
In my opinion the best most tunable system is close to what you already have! EFI GUY out of Colorado will send you a tuning setup and work on your tune in the evenings sending improved files every day until its perfect! The best performing engine I have built utilized a similar Mustang based computer. The whole process and chip cost very little. I ended up at around 430HP/550ft lb of perfect idling power!
I have talked with EFI Guy about tuning mine to dial it in and that is still on the table, but I really like the idea of being able to mess with the tune myself with the new Edelbrock EFI system.

If no one wants this setup I will probably just stick with it, I am just interested in trying some new technology.

1977 - 5.0, EFI, 4r70w, D20, D44, 9", 2.5" sl, 2" BL, 35's
Old 11/04/19, 02:20 PM   #4
BanditBronco
Contributor

Bingo!

Mesa, AZ
You can keep the system you have and run a Megasquirt PNP computer and tune it yourself with free software. The computer plugs right into your harness but has 0 stock ford stuff inside. It changes to a speed density set up.

351W, 4R70W, Atlas 2, 3.5 inch lift 1 inch body lift, full cage, suspension seats, discs, 37 12.50's, full widths, nics, nacs
Old 11/09/19, 08:53 AM   #5
fordtrucksrule

SoCal Highland
You can go to https://www.moates.net/quarterhorse-...rds-p-199.html and get the quarter horse chip and plug it into your computer and use your laptop with binary editor http://www.moates.net/binary-editor-p-213.html?cPath=63 and tune your engine that way. the quarter horse chip is 250$ and the key for binary editor isn't that bad either.

351w with a rv cam. pumping 300ft./lb torque at 2000 rpm and 160 hp at 3500 rpm to the ground with 4.11 and 35" tires ZF Transmission and a StAk 3 speed t case 133:1 crawl, full family cage, rhino lined tub.
Closed Thread

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Classifieds > For Sale - 66-77 Bronco Parts