Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat > Vendor Forum & Current Mass Buys

Old 02/22/08, 11:40 AM   #151
trailpsycho
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Arvada
So, its been 2 days...why are you holding out on us Chuck? Its lunchtime, that top should have been installed and around the block a couple of times by now.
trailpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/08, 01:44 PM   #152
chuck
Bronco Guru

Ingram, Texas
eBay: bcbroncos
Sorry for waiting to post, we (BCB crew) have been working out details about how to move forward. Here are a few pictures. The windows will be larger and the way the top connects to the windshield header will change.
the frame you see in the picture is rusty because it is a prototype so was not powdercoated. The production frames will be powdercoated 2"x1" rectangle and 1" round hoops. I think the steel frame is stronger than Alu and easier to fix if there is a problem. Also we were able to not have a tube going across the side windows without loosing strangth by using the 2"x1" rectangle. We also have a rain gutter and the frame is made to use the stock door rubber. Got a little carried away with the sales hype but the bottom line is we are getting close.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web4405.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	88886   Click image for larger version

Name:	web4406.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	88887   Click image for larger version

Name:	web4407.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	88888   Click image for larger version

Name:	web4408.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	88889  

BC Broncos, making Innovative ideas reality.
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/08, 03:12 PM   #153
trailpsycho
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Arvada
Thanks for the pics! Sorry to give you grief, but someone had to... The top looks real good Chuck! With larger windows that will be a fine looking top. What is the intention with the snaps? Keep them or minimize them? I know it has to be fashioned to the frame somehow...snaps are expeditious and reasonably durable, but not as aesthetically pleasing. The frame looks good...keep us posted.
trailpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/08, 04:43 PM   #154
chuck
Bronco Guru

Ingram, Texas
I can have the snaps black. I am using velcro acress the back but I think the snaps are better. Could be wrong. I can also get those twist things like on canteen covers.

Old 02/22/08, 04:49 PM   #155
TJK74
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Newark CA

My Gallery
I would think that by using just the snaps that you would encounter more drafts and wind noise at speed. But not that I know anything since I have never owned a soft top... Just a thought

74 Ranger, 69 351W, C4, 4:11s, 35"MTR's, 3'5"BC/WH, 2" Body, Duffs Stg II hoops/rear shock mounts, twin stick.
www.competitionoils.com
To Order AMSOIL
TJK74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/08, 06:15 PM   #156
alex maciel

Count me out.Snaps look terrible!
alex maciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/08, 07:08 PM   #157
broncokak
Bronco Guru

I'm a Mainah

My Gallery
Garage
Looks good Chuck. I don't mind snaps at all. That is what I have had for the last 20+ years and they have worked great. If the snap heads are black you'd hardly notice them either. Any use of zippers at all? Along where the side fasten to the top and along each side of the rear panel would work good. Bigger windows are a must. Keep up the good work Chuck.

68 3.5" lift 5.0L 4R70W/Klune V/D20, 4.88, 35s, ARBs

More Wheeling...Less Work!
broncokak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/08, 07:36 PM   #158
BigO

I like it alot Chuck! I think the Black snaps will blend right in.

Are you planning on offering the option of side windows or solid canvas, kind of like the original top you guys had a few years ago?
BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/08, 10:32 PM   #159
chuck
Bronco Guru

Ingram, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex maciel View Post
Count me out.Snaps look terrible!
I know I will not be able to please everyone but I am willing to do something besides snaps if I can find something that works better. Velcro works for a while but tends to become ungluded after a while. Do you have something? Look at the earlier pictures to see what black snaps look like on a black top. The silver snaps would be better on the white and tan tops I think but the darker colors black may be better.
The side and rear panels zip across the top and will be available in dark tent, light tend and solid.

Old 02/22/08, 10:47 PM   #160
chuck
Bronco Guru

Ingram, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJK74 View Post
I would think that by using just the snaps that you would encounter more drafts and wind noise at speed. But not that I know anything since I have never owned a soft top... Just a thought
The sides are zipped across the top so no leak there, the front of the side panel is tucked under the steel shield and the rear of the side panel wraps around the back so low chance of leak there. The bottom of the side panel is long and lays on the body reducing the chance of leaks. The stock doors will seal as well as they do on stock hard tops. All in all I think this top will seal up close to as good as the stock top.

Old 02/22/08, 10:49 PM   #161
yakelys69

Do not attach the wires to the exhaust system, drive shaft, emergency brake cabl

North San Diego
Garage
how about track on wind shield, and top of tub with
zippers & velcro, to attach the sides/rear to the main of the top

seems to work good on my brothers fj40 and has a clean look
yakelys69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/08, 10:57 PM   #162
chuck
Bronco Guru

Ingram, Texas
Got a picture? The front top does use a track. And top of the sides does use a zipper. The bottom of the rear is velcroed to the tail gate.

Old 02/22/08, 11:04 PM   #163
yakelys69

Do not attach the wires to the exhaust system, drive shaft, emergency brake cabl

North San Diego
Garage
I try to post a picture tomorrow
yakelys69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/08, 09:20 AM   #164
crawln68
Contributor
Bronco Guru

EB's...some assembly may be required.

Fresno, CA

My Gallery
Garage
That is looking really good Chuck. With either black snaps or some other form of holding it to the sides I think that will be a real nice top. Make the windows and BIG as possible and you've got a winner. I hope that I am still on the waiting list.

1968, 347 stroker, 100 inch WB, D60 35 spline front, Dedenbears, CTM's, Mog/9 35 spline rear, 4-link w/King coilovers, Red Neck Ram assist. 5:13 gears and ARB's F/R. 39.5 Iroks on H1 double beadlock rims. 4 wheel disc w/h-boost http://www.norcalbroncos.com
crawln68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/08, 11:18 AM   #165
jarrod

Lifes hard then you die.

Cedar Hills, Utah

My Gallery
Did you ever get a price? Cant wait till its finished so I can get one!

1974 w/351W TA 670CFM Power steering 4.56 detroit 9" limit-slip disc brake conversion dana44 C4 system 9 wildhorse lift 3"body lift Herculined Late model Bronco buckets 35" BFG MT Tuffy console My http://www.rigrater.com RigRater Score: 708RRv1.0 with a BOA of 36.74
jarrod is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat > Vendor Forum & Current Mass Buys