Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 07/02/19, 07:11 AM   #1
bobtail

high in the desert
who gets the old man's bronco

say you had two sons in their thirties. one a career military man. his hobbies are hunting and cars. he likes early honda crx and has built two.one with a role cage, nitrous, set up for street/track. the other son, the older uses his mechanical engineering degree working for a major off-road race team. he is the shop chief and pit boss during races. his hobby is cars he is building a manx, complete resto/mod. so, that's who they are. iv'e owned my bronco since 1980. it's a 69 I think worth about 15 to 20 thousand. they both want it. I don't want to play favorite son. and I would like to keep it in the family. and I have a third son, the oldest, that works as a civilian for the army. his hobbies are many and he hasn't asked for the bronco. he drives a jeep. judging from what I wrote who gets the bronco? also would you gift it or sell it? if you sold it would you give a dad discount? how much? they said they would run it as is till i'm dead. isn't that some sweet ass kissing.
bobtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 08:16 AM   #2
bronkenn
Contributor
Bronco Guru

I believe you, thousands wouldn't

Southeast Ohio
Threaten to cut it in half. Which ever one would rather give it to the other than see it cut in half, that would be the new owner.
bronkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 08:19 AM   #3
jagbucket

obviously you need two more broncos
jagbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 08:30 AM   #4
Slowleak
Bronco Guru

Lilburn, GA

My Gallery
Garage
Talk it over with them and see what they feel might be a fair way to handle it. Here’s two options I have seen used. Both would include all three sons...

If they are all in similar financial positions, you might consider letting them bid on it. The high bidder gets the Bronco. Then you distribute the proceeds equally to the three of them. The end result is a family discount and equal value to each of them.

If their financial situations are not equal, set a fair value on it. Either let them do it or you do it. Then the sons flip a coin, draw straws, or something similar. The winner has the option to buy and you distribute the proceeds equally just as above.

77 Ranger, a/c, Auto, ps, pb, original paint, 83k miles
76 Ranger, a/c, Auto, ps, pb, all stock, 45k miles SOLD
Slowleak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 08:40 AM   #5
Scoop
Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel

Cuchara, CO

My Gallery
Garage
Rock-paper-scissors.

Gift Bronco to winner, then winner and loser split the cost of an equal value Bronco to go to the loser. Gift value of half the Bronco to oldest son to take his family on a Caribbean cruise. Simple and everyone’s happy.

Except you. You’re broke.

~v~ 72 Pattina Bronco, 74 Ranger, 76 Trail Rig/Crawler, 78 Custom 410M, 18 Raptor
Scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 08:51 AM   #6
Justafordguy
Bronco Guru

Tallahassee, Fl

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Simple and everyone’s happy.

Except you. You’re broke.

And have no Bronco.

77 Bronco, 302, 4bbl, Hei, C4, PS, PB, BCB-A/C, 33" KM2s, D44/Lock-Right - Chromo axles, 9"/Grizzly locker - Yukon axles, Tom Woods driveshafts, 2.5" sl, 1" bl, Bilstein shocks, 1 ton steering, JB-fab twin stick, D20,

2017 F350 CC LB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
2016 Edge Sport V6 EcoBoost AWD
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 09:04 AM   #7
blubuckaroo
Contributor
Grease Monkey

Our factory order

Ridgefield WA

My Gallery
We've got the same issue.
We bought out Bronco new in '77 and brought each of our three sons home in it. It was the newer car, so it got used to haul the kids around. Later when it was the older car, the boys each used it. When I got it back it was still in pretty good shape and got a makeover.

The Bronco has been in engagement and wedding photo shoots, and has even been sketched in a love letter. These couples all have a personal relationship with this car.

I'm not done playing with the Bronco yet, but that day will be here soon enough.

I like the idea of having one buy it from the others. We'll have to talk about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronco get away.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	481239   Click image for larger version

Name:	bronco art.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	481240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Adam & Vanessa 2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	481241  

'77 Ranger/cut F&R/PS/PB/Vintage Air/2" suspension lift/1" body lift/T tie rod conversion/33-1050-15 BFG K02 tires/ 302/ Edelbrock 500 CFM 4 bbl/Aero Tanks/ Hooker Headers/ dual ex/ NV3550/ B&M shifter/ JB FabTwin Sticks/ 4.11s/Yukon Duratrack rear posi.
blubuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 09:13 AM   #8
hyghlndr
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Delaware ????
Simple buy another Bronco or two. Unless there is something else of similar value and importance there is no fair way otherwise, you don't want hard feelings.

My oldest gets first choice then my second chooses, they can alternate until they are all spoken for.
hyghlndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 09:24 AM   #9
Slowleak
Bronco Guru

Lilburn, GA

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyghlndr View Post
Simple buy another Bronco or two. Unless there is something else of similar value and importance there is no fair way otherwise, you don't want hard feelings.

My oldest gets first choice then my second chooses, they can alternate until they are all spoken for.

I see that a lot where the oldest child gets first choice. I never understood how that is fair to the younger children. Seems like that could be a major source of hard feelings toward siblings and parents....

77 Ranger, a/c, Auto, ps, pb, original paint, 83k miles
76 Ranger, a/c, Auto, ps, pb, all stock, 45k miles SOLD
Slowleak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 09:35 AM   #10
hyghlndr
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Delaware ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowleak View Post
I see that a lot where the oldest child gets first choice. I never understood how that is fair to the younger children. Seems like that could be a major source of hard feelings toward siblings and parents....
My oldest does a lot more work on the Broncos but both of them are into Broncos and my other rides. There is no absolutely fair way that I know of other than flipping a coin which isn't my style. I also don't want to get into the value of things, I want them to pick what they love. For both of mine, this arrangement should work the best.
hyghlndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 09:36 AM   #11
blubuckaroo
Contributor
Grease Monkey

Our factory order

Ridgefield WA

My Gallery
I've actually kidded about doing a "Thelma & Louise" with the Bronco If I ever get diagnosed with some serious ailment.

'77 Ranger/cut F&R/PS/PB/Vintage Air/2" suspension lift/1" body lift/T tie rod conversion/33-1050-15 BFG K02 tires/ 302/ Edelbrock 500 CFM 4 bbl/Aero Tanks/ Hooker Headers/ dual ex/ NV3550/ B&M shifter/ JB FabTwin Sticks/ 4.11s/Yukon Duratrack rear posi.
blubuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 10:30 AM   #12
spap
Bronco Guru

So. Cal
Any grandkids

77 5.0 4R70W 3.5 sl 1bl PS pb 35 mt
spap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 10:41 AM   #13
gnpenning
Contributor
Bronco Guru

I have more questions than answers.

Mt
Garage
Involving them and letting them know that you don't want hard feelings and want to be fair should go a long way for all of you coming up with something everyone can live with. Acknowledging there is no way to have a perfect solution. One may have more of a sentimental attachment than the other?? That's why buying extra bronco's may not be the same, they won't carry the same memories??

A group meeting will help give you a starting point. Might be the 3rd son is interested as well but just hasn't mentioned. Might be you have something else you could pass on with even more sentimental value for them. Everyone is different that way. You will also see how they will handle other things after your passing.

Good for you to trying to be equitable.

66. U13, 6 cyl, 3 spd, uncut.
70. 302, 3 spd, Duffy 3.5 lift. Future project
74. Dirty blue. 302, C4, ps, Ford frt disc, 4:30. Locked
76. 302. C4. Future project.
gnpenning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 10:42 AM   #14
half cab
Contributor
Guru Bronco

ride like the wind bullseye

Ms.

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyghlndr View Post
My oldest does a lot more work on the Broncos but both of them are into Broncos and my other rides. There is no absolutely fair way that I know of other than flipping a coin which isn't my style. I also don't want to get into the value of things, I want them to pick what they love. For both of mine, this arrangement should work the best.
Yeah but you got plenty of Broncos for them to pick from.

76 SPORT 351W C4 PDB
half cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/19, 10:49 AM   #15
jckkys
Bronco Guru

Tucson, Arizona
I'm in the same situation as blubuckeroo. My '77 has been in the family since we bought it new in '77. My daughters learned how to drive in the Bronco. The question for me, is what grandson get's it? So my advice to bobtail is, stay healthy and let the Bronco skip a generation. My decision as to who will inherit ours, will be based largely on who demonstrates a respect for the history and an outstanding original concept. I wouldn't even SELL it to some knucklehead who would put on huge tires, an absurd lift kit. EFI, a Coyote engine, or some other crap that ignores the history. If someone wants that, they can build it with new parts, including the frame.
jckkys is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat