• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spawn build (72 Bronco rebuild) (On the road finally!)

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks guys! I appreciate the replies! I do feel pretty lucky to be able to finish this thing finally. Well, enough to get it on the road anyways. I don't think you are ever done with a Bronco, always something new to try or install. I will say that the stock 302 just isn't going to work for me, it fit the bill for getting it on the road. After having a 351 in my last one there is no comparison. I will be saving up my change for the next few years to make that happen for sure.
I hope to see some of the folks here on the road someday. This forum has been a life saver to me and my build! Thank You Very Much for all the help!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thank you Sir! Hope to see you out there someday, Have a good one!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I have a interesting electrical issue with my right rear tail light assembly. I am running a Centech harness. The tail light and the brake light seem to be bleeding into each other. Sometimes if I mess with the headlight switch it clears up, other times it does not. I have checked the grounds and they are all good, I am going to switch tail light assemblies and see it that helps. Anybody have another idea I might be missing?
Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I got my steering mostly fixed last weekend. I did a TRO swap and it fixed my geometry, it drives way better now. Still hunting for the unobtanium camber shims and then I should be golden.
I took it for its first ride in the mountains today. Stopped at Windy Gap and took a couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I have a interesting electrical issue with my right rear tail light assembly. I am running a Centech harness. The tail light and the brake light seem to be bleeding into each other. Sometimes if I mess with the headlight switch it clears up, other times it does not. I have checked the grounds and they are all good, I am going to switch tail light assemblies and see it that helps. Anybody have another idea I might be missing?
Thanks in advance!

I finally got this figured out. It ended up being the connector that contacts the bulb in the housing. As long as it stayed in one place it was fine, hit a bump or wire moving a bit would cause it to short between the 2 terminals somehow.
Strange and hard to pin down. I put in a different taillight housing I had and problem solved. Just in case anyone else has a strange issue maybe this will help out.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thank you! I thought so too, I didn't think I would ever see it leave the garage!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thank You! I appreciate it! Been a long time getting here but I am super happy with it. Few little things to fix up and some changes down the road, at least its on the road now!
Have a good one!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thank You! I appreciate it! Been a long time getting here but I am super happy with it. Few little things to fix up and some changes down the road, at least its on the road now!
Have a good one!

Best part is driving it for sure.. Glad to see it congrats

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thank you ! Driving is a blast for sure! I hope to see some others on the road soon, mine seems to be the only one around. Maybe I am driving on the wrong day?! Ha!

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Langester - it looks great, glad you are getting time in the seat, congratulations!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thank You Sir! I have been loving it, been getting a ton of compliments as well. Used to be a pile of them around here, now just a few running around unless someone is passing through. Most of the Jeep guys around here are big fans of the old Broncos, so all is well here!
Have a good one!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
This is a super helpful build thread. Great work!

I missed your reply somehow, sorry about that. Glad to have something that helps out. I know I would have been completely lost a few times if it weren't for this forum and the build threads to reference. This is the best resource out there for sure!
Have a good one!

RH

Hey Steve, the pictures look great but they don’t do your bronco justice, you did a great job with the build, lots of nice details

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Hey Steve, the pictures look great but they don’t do your bronco justice, you did a great job with the build, lots of nice details

Thank you very much, I appreciate the kind words! Are you in Cortez? If so maybe we will run into each other at some point. Always nice to chat with fellow Bronco folks! If you are in the area and see me running around flag me down.
Thanks for the reply, hope to see you soon!

Edit: I thought about it for a minute and looked at your Handle. Is that you Ray? Gotta be, not too many of us in town! Forgive me for being slow, took me a while to connect the dots. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Been a while since I updated. I have been driving my Bronco every chance I get. Been great except for an oil leak that has been driving me crazy. Its on the drivers side below the valve cover and covers the block from the fuel pump to the back of the engine. Has my header covered and stinking with burned oil, frame, front diff, tie rod drag link. Freaking mess, hard to tell where its coming from, oil everywhere. I tried 3 different oil pressure sending units thinking that might be the problem and 2 different (used extensions) then finally got a new one. Thought I had it whipped, NOT. I suspect the weep hole in the fuel pump might be the problem so tomorrow I am going to replace it and see what happens. Damn thing won't leak at low rpms so I can't see whats going on for sure.
I will post up what I find tomorrow, hopefully this will be the end of the leak!