• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BCB's new top

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Bax are you going to be using hard or soft doors with your top? If soft which ones are they?

Stock 68 doors.

Heus33 Bax - got my fingers crossed for ya!

Thanks, I really want this one to work out. Chuck was real cool about it though. He told me if I dont like it, he will take it back. That would kind of suck for him because I had it power-coated gray like my roll bar. I am pretty sure I will be keeping this one.

Bax

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Hey Chuck, the items that you are cutting out for cost saving...ie dome light speaker mounts, you should make the as options at additional cost. Or make different levels of features.
Some I can offer as options but some not because of the needed welding. I may put some in later versions.

Dowd

Loc.
Springfield, OR
This might have already been discussed, but this is such a long thread and I dont feel like fishing through it, what is the ballpark cost?

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
This might have already been discussed, but this is such a long thread and I dont feel like fishing through it, what is the ballpark cost?
This is a very long thread but I think it is about done:) The today price is $1400 for the basic top with windows in any of the 16 Top Gun colors. I do not know if there is a diff in cost for tint. As soon as Bax is done I will start a new post about the new top.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
OK, Bax...Chuck anyone testing the top with soft doors, if so what brand.
My thoughts are, if the door hole is right for stock doors any of the soft doors should fit the same hole. My top is designed to fit the stock doors and use the stock door rubber so any of the stock or soft doors should fit. A co. in AZ is working on some nice doors right now and I plan to make a upper 1/2for my roadstar doors. Whatever doors you get I would think you would want to get the doors that will seal to the stock door seals.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Chuck, I would think Rokdwlr is looking for total hight above the rails. Like if you put a straight edge from bed rail to bed rail and then take a measurement to the tallest part of your top frame. Some people have tall cages and he may be just checking to see if your top will fit over his cage.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Measuring from the floor, right rear corner straight up to where the tape hits the bow(about the center ofthe arc) is 43.5" straight up at the rear center is 45". Hope that is what you are asking for. Should clear any roll cage that is designed to fit under a stock top.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Good news, My cage is under those #'s. It's a complete off road family cage. I should get mine this week. I wish I had a tracking # (Hint Hint, Chuck)

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Yeah, Mad should test one in a Sea Salt and Sun environment - I'm sure Hawaii is tough on fabric!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
New top looks like this.

Nice Box. I still have to get it to the shop and open it, I am so excited.

Bax

Attachments

• P1010037.JPG
    P1010037.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 45
  • P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 41
  • P1010040.JPG
    P1010040.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 38
  • P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 46
  • P1010042.JPG
    P1010042.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 66

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Man, The shipping company did a number to that thing. I hope it's all right!...Where the setup Pics????