• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage Air/BC Broncos

Lon L

My Bronco isnt running yet, but my unit is mostly installed. I still have to mount control module and knobs and 1 duct hose that is removed .

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I received my kit and started the install. Like the others I have a clearance issue with the computer mounted in the center of the firewall so I needed to move the evap over a couple of inches. I didn't want to drill more holes in the firewall so I decided to "modify" the mounting bracket so it is offset by two inches and I flipped the direction of the backing plate so it sits more flush to the firewall. Here are a few pics of what I did to make it work - though I am sure I opened up a can of worms in terms of hose lengths etc... But isn't that what Bronco projects are all about!?

Can you post a pic of your firewall where the computer is mounted?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My Bronco isnt running yet, but my unit is mostly installed. I still have to mount control module and knobs and 1 duct hose that is removed .

Got a build thread hopefully. ;)

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I realize it’s the dead of winter........but just checking in for progress updates for those that have done this specific kit.

Grant2389

I realize it’s the dead of winter........but just checking in for progress updates for those that have done this specific kit.

Me and my dad are installing one right now. We had to shave 5/8ths off of the compressor bracket and shave the firewall pretty good to get all of the belts to line up. We also had to create custom radiator mounting and also trim some spots for the condenser hoses. Its all fitting up there now. On to the firewall and interior mounting.

At this point, still not sure exactly how the drier hose gets back to the unit. It looks like they have it going through the heater hole while the rest go through the middle of the firewall.

AJH

Contributor
Loc.
Dallas
Curious how your install is going? I'm about to buy my A/C and wondering if this latest Vintage is the best route for me. Is yours a 302?
Thanks!

stretch

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
Couple of things. Spoke to BC yesterday regarding their Gen 6 AC. They stated that it is 6-8 weeks out if you ordered today. I asked them about more specifics regarding the serpentine belt system. Told them I have the Explorer. They said that I would need to swap over to the Sag bracket and pump in order to run this new system. This is not something I want to do as I have an upgraded Explorer pump and hydroboost. They said that there may be a work around, but it would cost more to make it happen. I didn't place my order, I need to discuss this with Jason to get details on the work around.

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
How are people running the duct hose? It looks huge and I don't see how you can run it without losing the glovebox or running the hose to where it's visible?

tripleJs15

Pic one bulkhead finished
Pic two ac hose to long!!!!!
Pic three core support cut
Pic four first fit, all is well I hope.
I am not using the controller they shipped with, went with a nicer one from Vintage. I don't have my dash yet so I can't finish for a few more days

What Radiator, shroud and fan setup are you running?

stretch

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
Just an update to my previous post, spoke with BC again. There won’t be a problem using the Explorer compressor so that’s resolved. Now the problem is availability. They are telling me that the units are a min. of six months out due to a shortage of parts. If you are interested, give them a call and put your name on the list. They will call you to confirm you are still interested when the units become available.