• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What Emergency Brake?

Ropagnani

Hey, so as i continue to learn more about my previous owner i have found that he had total disregard for parking or emergencies! well with braking specifically! my 73 is gutted of all of it other than a couple of old lines coming out from my rear drums that are basically tied off midway up! does anyone have a list, description, and or diagram of all the parts that I would need to put it all back together old school? also best place to pick up a kit or something like that for the best price.

thanks ahead of time

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
The e-brake is a mechanical function of the rear brakes - it's almost integral to them. So if the rear brakes are assembled correctly (and they RARELY are), then you probably only need the external e-brake components. There's not a kit because few vehicles (whose owners want them) are missing all those parts.

The pics in this photo album show, and their captions explain, most of what you need to know about the original brakes:

(click this text)

Pics of your Bronco, its engine, and each part in question would make this a LOT easier.
www.supermotors.net/forums/thid-5972-how-do-i-post-pictures-sounds-and-or-videos