• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What’s this?

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
Wiring up an electric wiper setup and this connector came with the wiring. The motor doesn’t have anywhere for it to plug in. What is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7912ba429078351423a68abf826d2abc.jpg

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
That's a jumper plug.
A female/male version of that plug will be on another wire. They would plug together.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
That's a jumper plug.
A female/male version of that plug will be on another wire. They would plug together.

There’s nothing to power but the wiper motor, so I assume I can just eliminate it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you can see the wire colors we can verify, but it's probably for the dome light that became available in '73 I think.
Not the under-dash map light, but the one mounted on the bottom of the wiper cover.

Paul

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
If you can see the wire colors we can verify, but it's probably for the dome light that became available in '73 I think.
Not the under-dash map light, but the one mounted on the bottom of the wiper cover.

Paul

That makes sense. Maybe I’ll wire her a fine light. This is for my wife’s 67. I bought this setup many years ago snd just got around to installing it. It’s just a single 18 gauge wire to this connector

030394133193a31df69d65a9c00b29a6.jpg

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s for the light grounds under the wiper bracket
See if works by Turing the light switch all the way left

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would keep it good source of switched power

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
It’s for the light grounds under the wiper bracket
See if works by Turing the light switch all the way left

I’ll check it once we’re finished wiring this up. Thanks guys

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I used it to power a dome light with 2 map lights in one unit that came from a '75 F150. With LED bulbs all 3 are super bright. The dome light is controlled by turning the headlight switch counter clock wise. The map lights have their own switches, continuously powered. Just like in the F150 without the open door switches. I kind of like it better that way. Cop cars are set up like that.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As was said its for a dome. When they were introduced the wiper motor and linkage cover had a dome lite in it.

frenchy

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
later models had a switched dome light in the plastic wiper cover it was hooked to those wires and worked by turning the headlight switch.