• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rebuilt Dana 20 will only go into low while in 2WD and twin stick linkage question

PDQ

Contributor
Just had my Dana 20 rebuilt and added the JB twin sticks. The transfer case will only go into low gear when in 2WD. Low gear shift rod won't budge if it's 4WD or even in neutral. I have tried moving the outputs around to get the gears to mesh but no luck.
Is it possible the case was put back together incorrectly? Or what am I missing?

Second question is that the linkage for the twin sticks will not work with both rods on the top side of the shifter arms. I had to move the inner rod to the bottom of the shifter arm and T-Case shift rod as the inner linkage would bind up between the shifter arms if installed as shown in the directions. Again, am i missing something here or has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks as always.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Typically the front will have a hard time engaging if the driveshaft is not moving at least a little.

The shifter closest to the driver is the Front drive L/N/H The shifter closet to the passenger is the Rear drive L/N/H

Not: One shifter H/L, and the other 2wd/4WD

Unless you have done internal modifications:

Typically you would have the front in N and the rear in H Once the rear is in a range, the front can then be shifter to the same range (or N) If the rear in in N, then the front will not move from the N position.

Try turning the hubs in, (on a gravel / loose dirt surface)and playing around with it?

Regarding the bind in the linkage, please send me a picture to jonb@jbfab.net even if it is not one our ours I would be happy to help out.

Jon