• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint radiator black or body color?

DC_Gearhead

So I’m starting to panel painting my Bronco. On some of the rigs you can see the body colored radiator support through the grill and others you can’t. My rig is going to be Grabber Blue with an argent grille. Do you guys think painting the radiator support black would be a bad idea, or is that normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
X3 on body color. Adds a nice background for the Argent in my opinion.

needsmoarturbo

Body color is what the factory did. But it's yours, do what YOU want. In the end that's what matters.

tpatton75

Contributor
I went with white grill and black background, and new graber blue

Attachments

• 270FD2A0-3B82-42EE-BF08-095044BA5AC7.jpg
    270FD2A0-3B82-42EE-BF08-095044BA5AC7.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 74

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Core Support was painted body color from the factory on the early Broncos.

However, the 76-77 Special Decor Broncos not only had the center of the grill painted black, but the Core Support was also painted black.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
The Core Support was painted body color from the factory on the early Broncos.

However, the 76-77 Special Decor Broncos not only had the center of the grill painted black, but the Core Support was also painted black.

I was going to say the same thing. When re-painting my 76 Decor grill back to black. I had to do the core support as well. Factory or not, I think they all look better with a black core. Back in 1978-79 I owned my first Bronco, an all white Ranger. One thing I hated about that Broncos look, was seeing the white core behind the argent grill. So I painted it black. Looked so much better. Pictures in my garage.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D;D;D Had mine chromed just the center black ford letters. :D:D:D: Bill ;D%):D

PickleJar

That black looks pretty good, but I think body color would be safe also.
Has anyone ever put a stainless mesh of any kind behind the grille?

AC932

Contributor
Not exactly behind the grille, but I've got an aluminum bug screen in front of the radiator. I'm not huge on the look, but it should prevent bug-related overheating (or at least make it easier to clean out)

C0iRNEG.jpg

As for core support, I prefer black, better contrast with the grille. Do whatever makes you happy.