• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yeller's Broncno Build: New Adventures!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
It was spotted at Super Cel West. ;D

Attachments

• D62710E0-0A3F-4D0E-B5E5-23A1D578702E.jpg
    D62710E0-0A3F-4D0E-B5E5-23A1D578702E.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 61

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I was able to check it out during the Bronco Safari last year. It’s amazing!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You need to take it for a spin up Ingrid’s or Redneck;)

I been avoiding Ingrids last 2, 3 yrs but finally went this year.

No issues. Didn't try the top obstacle to the right at the end

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
inspired to build one.... with ford stuff.. lol

I actually looked into a 408 when I did the LS. It just wasn't feasible from a cost stand point, I'd of had 4x the dollars in it for the same output and it would have looked different, it didn't clear the hood. I also wanted factory supported fuel injection so if I was on a trip and had an issue I could go to any mechanic or dealer in the country and have as much tech and parts support as possible.

Now I will say I would prefer it was all Ford, but I didn't have any Ford parts in the parts bin when it was built, so there's a lot of things about it not normal.... LOL

I do hope that with the 7.3 gas now out in the market it gets the same amount of love that the LS stuff gets. It would be really nice to go by a brand new engine that makes 500+ hp, transmission and controls for less than $12k from Ford Performance like you can from GM Performance. Fingers crossed. That pays off with the used engines down the line and makes them affordable to use.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I'm still carb'd, QJet. i wouldn't have much support here with EFI issues if I got stuck in the mountains or coastline trails. I would need to fix it on my own to get myself out. I just run what I know and we are not high in elevation so it works for me. Been wanting to go EFI route for a long time, I just don't know much about it to trust it on the trails with a solo rig.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I'm still carb'd, QJet. i wouldn't have much support here with EFI issues if I got stuck in the mountains or coastline trails. I would need to fix it on my own to get myself out. I just run what I know and we are not high in elevation so it works for me. Been wanting to go EFI route for a long time, I just don't know much about it to trust it on the trails with a solo rig.

I get that. However it is amazing what you can do today with a blue tooth OBDII adapter and a phone ap. I do a bunch of solo trips sometimes to areas it would take me days to walk out and who knows how long before anyone would be along. I have a dry box (ammo can) that I have most everything that would keep it from running, fuel pump, relays, fuel filter/regulator. FI is pretty simple once you get acclimated to it. For tuning purposes its almost a requirement in the last 2 weeks its been driven from near sea level to 14,000 feet.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Picked up some new parts at Super Cell;D
Thank you Wild Horses!

Attachments

• 5C5D7B9C-5783-4F48-A66F-0493BDB5F725.jpg
    5C5D7B9C-5783-4F48-A66F-0493BDB5F725.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Like Jaromy the first time I remember seeing Steve and his "Bronco" was at Moab in '19. Thoughtful build from the ground up. You can tell by the countless "little" things that he knows what works and what doesn't... missed eagle eyeing it again at SuperCel West after planning on it but...

Next spring again??!! :)

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Steve, that's an amazing rig! Super capable and a looker as well!!! Glad I read the thread and glad to have met you at Super Cel! Howard, back in beautiful west Michigan