• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff 4-Link Street Version

yakelys69

2500 and only 1 picture, I wish they would show more pics and video of performance.

OP
OP
jasonmcc

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
2500 and only 1 picture, I wish they would show more pics and video of performance.

2 pics but yeah I agree. It would be nice to have some information on pro/cons vs leaf springs vs other 4-link offering. That would probably make for a great video Mike!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The instructions have numerous photos and I believe you can download the instructions.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As I noted in my build thread, I am very impressed with the quality of the Street 4-Link Components. I have it fully mocked-up but not welded in yet. It's pretty straight forward as far as the install goes. The pictures in the supplied instructions are from Duffs other 4-link but they seem to be Very similar.

I will do a full write-up once installed and driven.

OP
OP
jasonmcc

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
As I noted in my build thread, I am very impressed with the quality of the Street 4-Link Components. I have it fully mocked-up but not welded in yet. It's pretty straight forward as far as the install goes. The pictures in the supplied instructions are from Duffs other 4-link but they seem to be Very similar.

I will do a full write-up once installed and driven.

Thanks! I'm interested to see reviews from those who've gone to these from leafs. How do they compare on the street? Curves? Off-road? etc...

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
In my opinion this is the best designed, off the shelf kit money can buy. The geometry is spot on and the street version is a nice improvement without the hiem joints to make noise.

willtel

Does Duff's do install work? I'm close enough to drop off my Bronco and have a full suspension refresh done.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
At the end of the day, unless you go to a sharp fabricator with 4 link suspension experience and maybe even eb experience as well.....you just can't beat Duff's R&D.

rpmgarage22

Does Duff's do install work? I'm close enough to drop off my Bronco and have a full suspension refresh done.

We don’t do direct work for customer vehicles at Duff’s. But, my shop is only 30 minutes from the office.

I’m the “Mike” you get when you call Duff’s for technical support. I’ve been there for five years.

I cut my teeth on custom 4-links for Minitrucks and lowriders, beginning in the ‘80s.

If you are interested in having work done, I would appreciate your consideration. Feel free to email me and we can go from there.

68ford

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the compliments. I always feel a little awkward and immodest explaining my credentials.

Assuming you have seen the numbers on solidworks or similar software? If so, how is it with all 4 links being the same length or very close as they appear?
Also with the link mounts on the axle being located higher than normal and the frame mounts being so much lower that the tcase output, how is the drive shaft plunge throughout travel?

yakelys69

with all 4 links being the same length or very close as they appear?

For what it's worth the instructions look good and show the upper link to be 40.25 with the lower 38.5 eye to eye. If I didn't already put new leafs, rotate pads and build an antiwrap bar I would probably have gone with this. Glad duff provides this option.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing some real world on and off-road experience with it.

68ford

Bronco Guru
For what it's worth the instructions look good and show the upper link to be 40.25 with the lower 38.5 eye to eye. If I didn't already put new leafs, rotate pads and build an antiwrap bar I would probably have gone with this. Glad duff provides this option.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing some real world on and off-road experience with it.

That's even more strange, upper links are always shorter on 4 links I have been around.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's even more strange, upper links are always shorter on 4 links I have been around.

Most trucks mount upper frame link mount a little further back then lower link which is why uppers are shorter. Ideal is upper length 75 percent of lower. If you can put bracket there.There was a shop that sold bronco 4 link kit ages ago that used combo upper/lower frame mounts. This puts both mounts close to each other vertically. I can’t see the issues with it. Axle/pinion travel will be more inline when both link are the same or close same length. Lots of things to think about.

Eugene

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Assuming you have seen the numbers on solidworks or similar software? If so, how is it with all 4 links being the same length or very close as they appear?
Also with the link mounts on the axle being located higher than normal and the frame mounts being so much lower that the tcase output, how is the drive shaft plunge throughout travel?

There’s a lot to making it work. I’ve looked at the engineering specs and it’s it’s very sound. The uppers being longer actually helps the pinion angle through its cycle, allowing it to stay more pointed to the transfer case, short uppers can cause it to point further away. What it doesn’t help with is anti squat during droop, however the way the kit is designed the links are at a low enough angle to the ground that the negatives are very minimal. The other factor is packaging. There is no perfect design for every factor and every application, it’s all a comprimise and the middle of the road must be found. Most of my builds use the same links in all positions, with the geometry being worked to make it work properly. The uppers being shorter allow for an increased angle in the links relative to the ground, many say they are required but in my experience it just is not the case.