• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Interest in steel tube fender flares?

Merlin76

Hey guys, I am trying to gauge interest in flares like the ones on my rig. I have been approached by a few people about making a set and wanted to gauge interest before I start trying to crank these out and see if it's worthwhile to start building these... Mine are tied into bumpers, cage, & rock sliders, but I would be building these as stand-alone flares because I know you all have stock or aftermarket bumpers and different cages that you like and might still have your rockers intact... ;)

Anyway, go easy on me, I know these aren't for everyone, just trying to gauge if it's worth the time/effort to build them for sale or not... Looking at $100 per corner once I get it jigged up and efficient at all the different bends.

Will eventually be looking to make the rock sliders in 2 different models too. Those for intact rocker panels, and ones like mine that are "deleted"... ;)

Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

Cheers!
Merlin76

Attachments

• PassengerSide.jpg
    PassengerSide.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_20150501_194938.jpg
    IMG_20150501_194938.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 704

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Those are very interesting. I like them. I don't need them. But, I like the look it gives the EB.

Best of luck.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I like them, they would be cool on a trail rig or a show truck, pretty cool. ;)

66broncofan

Contributor
I think those look awesome! I'm uncut, so not in the market.I think the price point is good.

powers4680

Those look great and good price too. Could you cover them with sheet metal for a solid look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
that's very cheap for the work involved, what are they made out of?
not for me but they are pretty cool looking

OP
OP
M

Merlin76

Yeah, the original design was to fill in the space between the tubes with some 16ga. or 1/8 plate. I have some panels made I just never coated them or put em on because I liked the way they were and I got lazy... maybe I will paint em up and re-post pics and see what you guys think this weekend... Thanks for all the comments, and I REALLY appreciate you all not rippin me apart. I rarely post because it seems like most people don't have anything constructive to say, just like tearing people down... Anyway, many thanks to you guys.

Cheers

stlbl

I have seen these in person and they are a work of art. The pictures don't do them the justice that they deserve. The craftmanship is beautiful. Combined with the rock sliders they really set your rig off. If mine ever gets on the road I would love to get a set.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love them. I am a fabricator of bumpers, boats and cages and those would be harder than I would want to try.

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
I think $100 is way too low for the amount of work you put in to those. I can see how some would want them filled in and painted, and some would want the rugged look you have there right now. Pretty awesome.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Like the look......but I just went back to uncut in the front and hope to graph the rears as an upcoming project.....

Tim

Piglet

bad ass! i'd like to see them in sheet metal. and i'd be interested in a set of rock sliders if you get into building them.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Man those are slick! I love the look of the open flare, I agree that they would also look great with the metal on the bottom or in the middle so the tubing is mostly visible. I also agree that 100 each is low, but if you can do it for that and be okay with it you should make a lot of folks happy.
Great job on them and good luck with the mass production!

SP73

I’m more into the classic look, but I’d be in for a set of those for sure! Them are pretty bad ass fella!

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those are NICE! I'm sure you could sell more than a few sets!

OP
OP
M

Merlin76

Well thanks guys. I wasn't expecting this good of a reaction. Let me see if I can put something together and pop a few of these out... Once I find the filler plates that I made, I'll throw some pics up with them installed too. Again, thanks for all the input as well as the compliments! Will post more on this later!

Merlin