• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH Rare early ‘66 transfer case/belly skid plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have two skid plates still available for purchase. Any takers before I list them on eBay?

I have been working on this piece with my metal fabricator while a while now. Over years of owning a dozen of early ‘66s. I keep running into trucks that were drilled for a factory transfer case skid plate but not having one that came with the truck until we bought 4000k original mile December build ‘66... along with help from thebroncoranch were able to come up with two original examples of the skid plate.

This was really only ‘66 thing but it’s a cool piece that could be added to any year Bronco. As for price I’m not totally sure because it depends on size of the production run. $140-175 Once I get a feel on the interest I’ll be able to pin down a price from my fabricator.

The picture is of it sitting on my 74 project frame but I’ll shoot another couple pictures after I get mounted on my ‘66.

Just post up your name if you truly interested, thanks Jeff

Just got an email from the fabricator. Good news, the price wasn’t as bad as I thought... for 15 or more skid plates it’s $155 but if list grows to 25 it’s $150 and qty of 50 it’s $135. Which honestly I don’t see happening all in one order.

So realistically I think we are looking at the $155 and maybe $150? The price is for delivery to Super Celebration. If you are not going to attend then I’ll have to figure shipping or better yet find someone who is going to attend who is willing to pick it up for you.

Here is my running list of members who gave me a yes and a strong maybe. Please confirm if you still want one, and the number that you want.

eaglesnest66 qty. 2 shipped
Bam qty 1 * paid delivery to Super Cel
springtime 66 qty. 2 * shipped
Fordman qty. 1 * paiddelivery to Super Cel
T-Bird qty. 2* shipped
66 broncofan qty. 1* shipped
KDW66 qty. 1* shipped
RVB qty. 1 * shipped
Chethair qty. 1*
tailpipe qty. 1 shipped
fordfan qty. 2 * shipped
mrdrnac qty. 1 * shipped
UNCbronco qty. 1 * shipped
bronconut qty. 1 * shipped
Joe Cardi qty. 1 * shipped
Gas Pig (me) qty. 2 * paid
RSPD505 qty. 1 *
Jedhead qty. 1 * shipped
66BlueGoose qty. 1* shipped
okie4570 qty. 1 * shipped
MP qty. 1 * paid delivery to Super Cel
Buckaroo Bronco qty. 2 * shipped
gladglady qty. 2* shipped
MyOriginal66 qty. 2 * shipped
If I missed anyone please let me know and I’ll add you in.

The list is now at 32 but I still have to 9:00 am Wednesday 15th to increase the order if need to!

Attachments

• 1DC2A9B6-C094-4CCC-9D78-65607148EB64.jpg
    1DC2A9B6-C094-4CCC-9D78-65607148EB64.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 481
  • DEFFE90B-C3AC-4BF8-B986-975FEBCA9DBD.jpg
    DEFFE90B-C3AC-4BF8-B986-975FEBCA9DBD.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 55EE5FCC-08F5-4806-9FD7-C8150A783ABD.jpg
    55EE5FCC-08F5-4806-9FD7-C8150A783ABD.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
is that shipped if not what do you think it would cost to ship. also will they be ready for Townsend in the spring.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
I would be interested in a couple. I would like to see it compared to an original also

UNCbronco

Contributor
I would also be interested in one. It would also be great to be able to pick it up in Townsend in April if you are going to be there. Just let me know one way or another ? Thanks

Major Tom

Contributor
were these an option for the 66 ? my sept. build does not have one

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
were these an option for the 66 ? my sept. build does not have one

Actually most of mine should have had them but I’m guessing they were taken off years ago. The only way to tell is to look for holes in the frame. With this early style skid plate you will find two hole just in front of the radius arm brackets.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would also be interested in one. It would also be great to be able to pick it up in Townsend in April if you are going to be there. Just let me know one way or another ? Thanks

Yes that is my goal is to have them ready for Super Celebration. So that would be most economical way to get one.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
is that shipped if not what do you think it would cost to ship. also will they be ready for Townsend in the spring.

No that price is the skid itself. But honestly I’m guessing on the price at this point because I don’t know his quantity discount. I’m not sure what kind of interest guys will have in them, but obviously more I order from him the better the deal.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jeff, do you have a picture of the OEM version? Thanks

This is the one I got off of Tom Carper.

My fabricator said, “it was tricky because none of the bends are a 90 deg. which forms a crazy trapezoid!”

Attachments

• F96D76AD-DA8F-4E51-B865-32E64E320D34.jpg
    F96D76AD-DA8F-4E51-B865-32E64E320D34.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 1467749D-2C89-47EC-B3D1-0D099EED5EE8.jpg
    1467749D-2C89-47EC-B3D1-0D099EED5EE8.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 332
  • 9A73E7C5-66E8-4B45-BAE3-92A855BB2302.jpg
    9A73E7C5-66E8-4B45-BAE3-92A855BB2302.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 285

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jeff.
You know I'm a prospect for a couple at least. Can you post the dimensions of the holes so I can measure the holes in the frame to see if any of my '66s were drilled for it? Thanks!

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jeff.
You know I'm a prospect for a couple at least. Can you post the dimensions of the holes so I can measure the holes in the frame to see if any of my '66s were drilled for it? Thanks!

Sure thing... just give me a day or two and I’ll get you the hole spacing.

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any exhaust fitment concerns?

It shouldn’t be any since it was a factory item. But with that said all the early ‘66s where 6 cylinder trucks. I would have to try fitting a skid plate up with a stock V8 Y- pipe exhaust systems. So not sure on a V8 but our December build U14 had skid plate and factory style exhaust system with no issues. I would bet the house on it if your truck had a skid plate and someone went to put on an exhaust system or work on a front driveshaft.. took off the skid plate didn’t bother putting it back on! I say 75% of my early builds should have had a skid plate but one actually still had one and other Bronco was cut down to the size of later style transfer case skid plate.

Hinmaton

I could be interested. I’d love to see a photo from below of one installed.
1/4” P&O steel or stainless?

Hinmaton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
It shouldn’t be any since it was a factory item. But with that said all the early ‘66s where 6 cylinder trucks. I would have to try fitting a skid plate up with a stock V8 Y- pipe exhaust systems. So not sure on a V8 but our December build U14 had skid plate and factory style exhaust system with no issues. I would bet the house on it if your truck had a skid plate and someone went to put on an exhaust system or work on a front driveshaft.. took off the skid plate didn’t bother putting it back on! I say 75% of my early builds should have had a skid plate but one actually still had one and other Bronco was cut down to the size of later style transfer case skid plate.

Thanks for the reply. I will have to get under it and check for bolt holes. BTW the U13 66 I just picked up looks to be a Nov build and the same color as your Avatar. My favorite color.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Good stuff Gas Pig. I've never seen one in place, in person, for sale or anything, just heard of folks looking for one. I'll have to look for the two holes on my 66s.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just curious about the rarity of the skid plate. Was it an early 6 cyl only plate or all the same? Does anyone have a picture of what they looked like? Mine had a skid plate on it I think but can't remember if I have it somewhere or if it is gone. (it was an 8 cyl).

Status
Not open for further replies.