• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA WTB old worn out rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I am looking for some old rods from an engine for an art project. Do you any of you guys have some left overs laying around?

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
I am looking for some old rods from an engine for an art project. Do you any of you guys have some left overs laying around?
Yes, I have a several, send me your info and I'll send them out to you

Sorry, I just looked and realized I had given them away already.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
does it matter what kind or just as long as they are rods, my buddy owns a machine shop, surely the run in to bad rods.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
does it matter what kind or just as long as they are rods, my buddy owns a machine shop, surely the run in to bad rods.

No, it doesn't matter what they are at all. Any rods will do just fine. I bet a machine shop has boxes of old parts laying around! Let me know what he says. Thank you very much.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Yes, I have a several, send me your info and I'll send them out to you

Sorry, I just looked and realized I had given them away already.

Hey, thanks for thinking about me and checking to see if you still had them.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm 99% sure i have some from teardowns.

PM your info and i will drip in the mail for you next week.

Hank

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sorry i forgot about this thread, will check tomorrow, have to check on another part anyhow.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, it doesn't matter what they are at all. Any rods will do just fine. I bet a machine shop has boxes of old parts laying around! Let me know what he says. Thank you very much.

he had a few, how many do you need? he just threw a box out, but said he would save some. I got three or four today, plus a couple with pistons on them.
ironically, another friend of mine is doing some art work also, and he came by and got a box from him.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
he had a few, how many do you need? he just threw a box out, but said he would save some. I got three or four today, plus a couple with pistons on them.
ironically, another friend of mine is doing some art work also, and he came by and got a box from him.

2 or 4 would be great. And with pistons is even better! Let me know how much I owe you.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
There is a set in the scrap bin here at work, but shipping would probably be killer, if you are still interested let me know.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
There is a set in the scrap bin here at work, but shipping would probably be killer, if you are still interested let me know.

Depending on what they are from and how big they are, they should fit in a USPS flat rate box?

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Depending on what they are from and how big they are, they should fit in a USPS flat rate box?

send me your shipping address in a pm and then on the backside you can reimburse me for the shipping via check, m/o or paypal. I think i have 4 rods and two pistons and rods.

Status
Not open for further replies.