• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1966 Roadster

UNCbronco

Contributor
Did anyone on here end up buying this U13 ? I see where it brought $39,500

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
This was a great example of nicely restored 66!
Being a owner of a 66 U13, I'm glad to see it brought that much.

OP
OP
J

JGO

Contributor
Why stroke the ego of one flipper and shit on another?

Hyghlndr, I wish you would just stop commenting on my postings. It seems you're going out of your way to call me "flipper" in every comment on every thread and I think you're trying to do it in a disparaging way. Please explain if I'm wrong.

A lifetime of turning wrenches as a full time mechanic has left me with one arm that feels like a bag of broken glass when I use it. I'm unable to work full time as a mechanic, I'm doing the best I can to provide for my family. I buy/sell Bronco's yes. I do honest work and I don't lie and cheat, I wish you guys would let me do business without the negative comments. Is there something specific you want to call me out on? Do you comment on every instance of someone practicing capitalism? Please advise.

Jim

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
It also has a sheet metal gutter with drain hole on driver side firewall that I've never seen before. Doesn't look home made.

That's one of the oddities on the early trucks.

Todd Z.

JGO do you have a picture of this gutter? My April 66 doesn't have near as much of the cool stuff as the earlier ones, but I still like to see it!

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
JGO,
I've been "you" in many comments in the past. I just ignore the cranky unhappy people these days and keep on keeping on. Don't sweat the little things in life buddy.

OP
OP
J

JGO

Contributor
JGO do you have a picture of this gutter? My April 66 doesn't have near as much of the cool stuff as the earlier ones, but I still like to see it!
I have some on my phone. Please text me and i'll send them that way if ok. or I can email. Jim 408-219-129one

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a gutter on the floor of my Oct 65 Roadster, 68 Mexican 1000 winner.

But not ALL budd body Roadsters had them - very early ones like this mid August 65 Roadster does not.

Attachments

• floorgutter.jpg
    floorgutter.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC03204.jpg
    DSC03204.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 104

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX

But not ALL budd body Roadsters had them - very early ones like this mid August 65 Roadster does not.

My 67 U15 that Ford assembled with many other leftover 66 parts (tailgate, grill) has that gutter. So it’s not just an early 66 roadster thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe was part of the northwest package or winter package

(thats a joke)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

pretty cool info.. had not seen that before

RVB

Contributor
OK...what about the short gutter near the top of the driver's side kick panel. Was it a feature on non-Budd body trucks as well? I have owned four 1966 Broncos: two early Budd body trucks, both had the two gutters; two later in the year, neither had either gutter.

Any info appreciated, Rex

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 64