• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clydesdale Buildup (heavy horse)

mavereq

Bronco Guru
nice. do you drive it on the road much? i'm curious how it handles. do you have the link calculator pic for the front suspension?

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Im a huge fan of the diesel and the half cab!! my only concern is how high the body looks. is it possible to build with almost no up travel and as low as possible? I like the mogs..but every time I see them used on a EB..the rigs look tall. Great job on a well rounded rig, removable exo,custom cab,4bt,bla bla bla....congrats on an excellent creation,Chuck

69 Bronco 69

Loc.
Aurora Co
That's a cool rig. I just hope that engine doesn't give you the same kinda fits it did the mechanics from the bread company. lol

OP
OP
JB Fab

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
nice. do you drive it on the road much? i'm curious how it handles. do you have the link calculator pic for the front suspension?

It really handles quite well in the road, as long as you have a little extra pressure in the bump-stops, max speed is 50mph now since we are using a Atlas instead of the O/D STaK. At 55mph there are no control issues at all (comfortable one-handed driving). When we had the STaK case in it I had it up to about 70mph, not sure I would do that again...........

OP
OP
JB Fab

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Im a huge fan of the diesel and the half cab!! my only concern is how high the body looks. is it possible to build with almost no up travel and as low as possible? I like the mogs..but every time I see them used on a EB..the rigs look tall. Great job on a well rounded rig, removable exo,custom cab,4bt,bla bla bla....congrats on an excellent creation,Chuck

Yes, it is taller than I would like it to be, the Mogs are the problem, not sure that I would use them again. Sorry I never did the calculations on the front, that was a change that was made after our first run. We had long radius arms that limited the flex.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you going to have this thing out this year? Hope to catch up with it somewhere.

OP
OP
JB Fab

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Are you going to have this thing out this year? Hope to catch up with it somewhere.

We will be at the Un-event, but that is the only real event that we have on the scedule.
We will be in Tillamook, Coos Bay, maybe the Rubicon again but not events, just playing.

We will make a couple of the local Salem cruise-ins to.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm in Stayton, maybe I'll catch you at a Cruise-In if I get the cobwebs blown off mine.

igottastanger

That thing is awesome, i dont know if i would have the nerve to cut as much out as yall did. But if i ever had the time and spair parts that would be on my mind great build.