• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New owner from Germany

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Welcome, welcome Today, So Great to have you on board with us.

Congrats on that nice looking ride!!

Sure would like to see more pics of that collection :)

what rig ??? post one is yours ... like to see his Kölner alte Bronco fotos !

all I see is this ...

Attachments

• DSC7912.jpg
    DSC7912.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC7913.jpg
    DSC7913.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC7914.jpg
    DSC7914.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Hello all, I'd like to introduce myself as a new owner all the way from Cologne, Germany.

Ever since seeing an early Bronco at the Seattle swap meet while on vacation nearly 10 years ago, the wife always wanted to own one. So as a 70 model popped up on german eBay, I went for it. Happy wife, happy life.
Funny enough I learned for the first time that on items with a reserve price you will not only outbid the highest bidder but automatically jump to the reserve price when bidding higher than that. So I got the bronco for 17k€.
Considering the condition - pretty dented with a sloppy repaint - I still consider this a pretty good deal. 302, 3 speed, power steering. Seems to be pretty complete.

So I'll finish this off with a pic of my new rig. Will be picking this up on a 1100km round trip on saturday!

C :cool: :cool: L ... viel spass am abholen ! ... Ich komme rüber im juni anfang juli ... Hamburg und Berlin !
Ich bin von Wiener Neustadt ... (Wien AUT) mit fam in Frankfurt ... meine Frau von Berlin fam in hamburg und Dortmund .

ja ich bin der geisterfahrer der vollgas auf the autobahn (leihwagen bayerischer 5er oder mondao Estate) spurn wechseld ohne blincker und so tüpisch ami im stadtverkehr auf rot recht abbieget !! haha

Fallst dir irgendwo einer über den weg läuft ....suche einen rost freien Capri III S 5-gang mit 2.8 turbo oder 3liter X-pack Essex / Cosworth !

Meinen Alten sein Carozzeria Pininfarina

Attachments

• DSC7927.jpg
    DSC7927.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC7926.jpg
    DSC7926.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC7923.jpg
    DSC7923.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC7924.jpg
    DSC7924.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC7925.jpg
    DSC7925.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC7920.jpg
    DSC7920.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I have been waiting on this /\/\/\ since this thread started, lol...

well now we are talking my first language ....
yet CB.com tries hard to auto-correct it !! lol

Attachments

• IMG_5355.jpg
    IMG_5355.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tody

thank you very much for the warm welcome!
it was a pretty long trip today, on the road from 4 a.m. until 7 p.m.

here's how we towed the bronco. my buddy works at fomoco here in cologne, so he always has nice lease cars from his employer. that's the euro ranger on which the new bronco will be based. the trailer is from a friend of mine who runs a ford dealership.
no wonder i have an all ford garage :D
IMG_1177.jpg

also, here's a quick shot from the underside of the bronco. we used a pressure washer to clean it on our way at a gas station. california car, mainly surface rust and pretty solid, front floor boards replaced and done fairly well. fluids leaking a little. i also discovered what looks like an external electric fuel pump.
IMG_1179.jpg

i have a lift in my shop, so i'll examine it further in the next days!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tody

oh, and the vin starts with U15GLH1...
the door sticker is illegible, i guess i'll order a marti report on the car.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
that's very cool, welcome to the site. looks like a pretty nice bronco

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Whatever works right. 👊👊

thank you very much for the arm welcome!
it was a pretty long trip today, on the road from 4 a.m. until 7 p.m.

here's how we towed the bronco. my buddy works at fomoco here in cologne, so he always has nice lease cars from his employer. that's the euro ranger on which the new bronco will be based. the trailer is from a friend of mine who runs a ford dealership.
no wonder i have an all ford garage :D
IMG_1177.jpg

also, here's a quick shot from the underside of the bronco. we used a pressure washer to clean it on our way at a gas station. california car, mainly surface rust and pretty solid, front floor boards replaced and done fairly well. fluids leaking a little. i also discovered what looks like an external electric fuel pump.
IMG_1179.jpg

i have a lift in my shop, so i'll examine it further in the next days!

OP
OP
T

tody

here's a quick rundown of the vin plate on the glove box door:

92 R U152 9U C A5J 75

R = Yucatan Gold would be a nice color if I ever decide to restore it.
9U = Parchment? now all black inside, I guess it'll stay that way.
A5/J = 4.11 in the rear and both locking, is that right?

oh, and would power steering be something which has been added later on and did not come from the factory in 1970?

broncojack

Contributor
here's a quick rundown of the vin plate on the glove box door:

92 R U152 9U C A5J 75

R = Yucatan Gold would be a nice color if I ever decide to restore it.
9U = Parchment? now all black inside, I guess it'll stay that way.
A5/J = 4.11 in the rear and both locking, is that right?

oh, and would power steering be something which has been added later on and did not come from the factory in 1970?

Power steering was not a factory option in 1970.
Is 75 the DSO? or is it an export DSO?

OP
OP
T

tody

so i finally got the marti report:
U15GLH12984_dlxrpt.jpg

that led to a few questions:
skid plates? for the tank? or is that something else?
Extra Cooling Package? consisting of what? larger radiator?

the hand throttle control is still there, the radio is not - dash is hacked up.

the Swing-Away Spare Tire Carrier is obviously missing and I found out why: different passenger side door (skin?), new passenger front fender and new rear quarter panel. that's why the passenger door is fitting so badly. i guess i'll leave that for now.

the power steering is something added later on. with a pretty unique mounting bracket for the pump. because the ps pump blocks the fuel pump now, an electric fuel pump was used. that's a funny way to get around this. but as everything is working, i'll leave that untouched for now.

what i'll be addressing will be the brakes - pedal is spongy, so i'll have to bleed them anyway. will be using fresh fluid.
also, i'll need to convert to H4 headlights over here. that means installing a relay and switching the parking lights from the turn signals to the headlights.
except for that, there is nothing much that needs to be done to get it registered.

will keep you updated on the process.

oh, and it's nice to see so many people with a european heritage on here. over on the maverick forums, there was no one with ties to europe.

bsquared

Contributor
Welcome to the Bronco obsession, Tody! VERY nice LUBR you picked up there and I'm digging that Mustang Convertible! My first car was a '68 Mercury Cougar and I'd like to find a 'vertible Mustang to build for the wife. (well....mainly for me, but that would be the excuse she gets!) Looks like you know your way around a mechanic's shop pretty well, but post any questions here if they arise.

I had the distinct pleasure of spending 3 days at Oktoberfest in Munich back in 2009. My kidneys have never forgiven me! Cheers, B2