• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NM 67 rust free roadster

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Wish the hood was open, it's got quite a few 66' items on it..........as well as other years.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sent him a couple messages but no response. It does look like a good starter. I have a couple already from NM and they are really dry.

elan

Loc.
s
I run across people that refer to them as Roadsters just because there isn't a top. Better check the letter and numbers. It's all about the letter and numbers.

RVB

Contributor
Those inserts don't look quite right. No backing plates and no evidence of holes for the backing plates in the body. Also seem to be missing the reinforcing piece where the door goes down into the insert. Maybe it is just me. Also that tailgate is not a '67.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
67 Roadster

Those inserts don't look quite right. No backing plates and no evidence of holes for the backing plates in the body. Also seem to be missing the reinforcing piece where the door goes down into the insert. Maybe it is just me. Also that tailgate is not a '67.

??? The inserts are totally correct. That's what the back of the factory inserts look like. Also, it looks like Springtime Yellow from Ford, I see the correct screw holes in the body and inserts for the backing plates. The top bed rails have never been drilled for a hard top, and look to have the correct pattern for the Whitco side rail hardware. Regarding the tailgate, early '67's has the '66 gate and later ones, right around the time the 289 was offered had this tailgate.

It looks legit from what I see. You did miss that the front clip (grill and fenders are '70 and up. Sport emblem and grill trim and post 302 badge above marker). It does have '66 dash knobs though.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Regarding the tailgate, early '67's has the '66 gate and later ones, right around the time the 289 was offered had this tailgate.

289 was offered beginning in April 1966. The early tailgate made it well into '67. My February '67 purchased '67 has the early tailgate and a 289. Both from the factory.

RVB

Contributor
OK. Thanks guys. Always good to get the facts from the experts. I have continuously owned Broncos for 51 years, have had about 35 of them over time, and am still learning new stuff about the little trucks. That is what makes them interesting. By the way, has anyone heard back from the guy that owns the '67: data plate info, VIN, etc.?

Rex

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Chris is correct in that the inserts are genuine originals. After studying this a bit more, this looks to be a '66, not a '67. The dash and taillights give it away. Of course someone could have changed both but I doubt the dash would have been. I have seen on a quite a few '67 dashes one '66 knob in the middle. Can't remember the function for that knob but really odd seeing this. Will look for pictures and possibly post if I get time.

The tailgate has been replaced too - no yellow paint underneath the sprayed over blue. Of course the grill has been replaced with a later one. As for the 289 motor, March 1966 was the first month/introduction for the V8. I have one btw!

The seller thinks it's a '67 but I'm sure it's a '66 if someone can get the vin. And Bobby is right, open that hood will tell a lot as well.

On the tailgates, early '67s had the '66 gates, several months later the '67s wore the newer gate. Again, I have seen this many times.

Just thought I would add my two cents worth. Vin yields the ultimate truth!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Does anyone know where this one went or if it was ever determined whether it was a 66 or 67?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
OK. Thanks guys. Always good to get the facts from the experts. I have continuously owned Broncos for 51 years, have had about 35 of them over time, and am still learning new stuff about the little trucks. That is what makes them interesting. By the way, has anyone heard back from the guy that owns the '67: data plate info, VIN, etc.?

Rex

always get a straight answer on here :)