Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 06/15/21, 08:05 AM   #121
tasker
Contributor
all knowing of nothing

It's a jeep thing? you're all morons

The granite state

My Gallery
Garage
LOOKS great! keep after it!

tasker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/21/21, 03:27 PM   #122
halogrinder

Houston
Smoke tested the tank, it passed! lol
got the drivetrain pulled, waiting on break in oil to prime the system, goop and stab the dizzy, and its off to dyno. Maybe this week. IDK.

halogrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/21, 09:06 AM   #123
halogrinder

Houston
347 dyno worked out pretty good so far. This is a 6K rpm pull https://youtu.be/Khish2OUzE8

Made 433/458. May have a little more in it- but I lost crank signal in the distributor on the last attempt to start it.

Weird.

I checked the CDI box, its got an orange LED.

Tap the white wire to it, and the coil plug wire sparks off, so I know the CDI and coil is good.

Measured Ohm reading on the dual sync distributor and it shows 1.9mOhm- so essentially open.

It should be 500-700 ohms. So, its currently sitting on the dyno waiting on Holley tech support on what's going on.

Amazing that MSD/Holley didn't make this sensor serviceable (a hall sensor)

Old 07/27/21, 07:46 AM   #124
halogrinder

Houston
So now that it's back from dyno I wanted to sort out my internal clutch slave situation.
I originally bought a Wilwood external slave that would pull, so I was gonna make a little bracket off the tcase or trans, and drill a hole in the clutch fork to have it pull it back.
This brought a few issues of packaging and whatnot- nothing that couldn't be overcome- but Wilwood made the body of the unit move with the hydraulic hose- which I thought wasn't the smartest thing in the world. Now, you have a clutch hose thats moving every time you pushed in the clutch.
So, time to build a better mousetrap.
McLeod was the answer.

This is a Luk Clutch pressure plate, and an 11" clutch disc to go on the nv3550 from Tom's Bronco parts.
I'm hoping this clutch will hold up to the power now.

Initially I tried doing this with a tape measure, but it was ineffective at producing accurate enough results.
Yes, I know there isn't a clutch disc in these photos.
YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE CLUTCH DISC INSTALLED DURING MEASUREMENT!

I measured the input shaft of the NV3550 and went on https://www.mcleodracing.com/ to go find something that may work.

So I ordered one up

Here's the part number 1400-30
and the link https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcl-1400-30

Whats in the BOX?!

This is whats in the box

She's a beut, Clark!

So, what's neat about this is how it's adjusted. this ring here can spin to adjust it's depth.

I used some of this to lubricate the orings. Big fan of this for oring lube in general.

ploop
slid right one (after I scuffed the nose of the transmission and cleaned it)

So the object of the game is to get the TOB to be close to the PP. so you have to do some measuring
Again, using a tape measure was NOT accurate enough, I used a pair of calipers to do this, but holding calipers sucks trying to take a pic, so tape measure it is for you

In my case, I had to use the ring that is supplied to space it away from the transmission.

Messing with the ring, threading it out and the ring got me to within .100 of what I needed.

So, A combo of flat measuring stick devices, along with careful tongue holding eventually got me an average between one side and the other from the block to the face of the pressure plate.

Without the bellhousing on it.

With the bellhousing on it, the hoses tight, and ziptied to keep it from moving around

Thru a new clutch fork boot.

I had to spin it "out" (closer to trans) to get the throw out bearing to spin with my finger, so i unbolted the trans, moved it back enough to push the hoses back in, and spun the whole thing one revolution inside the bellhousing. no biggie.

But, tadaaa!
She's ready to be bled and off we go!

Engine/trans/tcase are back in.
Waiting on Jess from Hi Angle to get me the rear output flange, and Wildhorses for a 32 spline output.
I should've done that before, but honestly didn't know the Dana 20 weakness, nor knew the actual power the engine was going to make.

Old 07/27/21, 07:56 AM   #125
tasker
Contributor
all knowing of nothing

It's a jeep thing? you're all morons

The granite state

My Gallery
Garage
VERY impressive work and thanks for sharing each step!

tasker is online now   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat