• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MA Honda CT70 parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juiceman

I know it is a long shot, but my son and I are in the process of rebuilding a 1970 Honda CT70. The bike is mostly there, sun baked and patina'd, but is missing some things or things that could use replacing. I really want to keep the patina look, so was looking to replace with used parts rather than new. Some of the things that I am looking for:
seat
under seat gas tank
front headlight bucket and speedo
fenders
handlebars and brake/throttle control
tail light

there are other things that could use replacing/refurb as well, so let me know what you have.

Appreciate any help. Let me know if you have any spare parts laying around.

Thanks,

John

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I just saw some on Phoenix CL. Says '69 & '70 parts to make one complete.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
This site http://www.vintagemx.us/cgi-bin/swapmeet.cgi to have alot of swapmeet type ads on it for vintage dirt/trail/mx bikes. Up until about 9 yrs ago I would have had just about anything you needed for that bike. Got to their discussions board and post up whay ur looking for.

Contact member on here mikke73 he has one CT70H model. Btw he bought one of No Hays broncos. He may have a resource?

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
there are also a couple of forums for mini trails, they have used parts. gas tanks are available new.

Hotrodjohn

Hello, Ive restored two KOs (one an H and one auto) and working on a third, best place for used stuff is eBay. Those original Honda plastic tanks pop up on eBay but they are getting pricey. CHP (chpmotorsports.com) in Texas is a good source for new and he now has a plastic repro tank for about 70.00. You can actually still buy new OEM Honda fenders and the exhaust from Honda, I used Partzilla.com on that but I was doing full restore trying to used Honda parts. Its hard to find unbent OEM used handlebars as they are almost always bent inward. Funny thing is I was restoring Trail 70s when a friend called and wanted to sell me his Ranger and my attention got diverted. Ill try to see what I have and let you know.. Is it 4 speed or auto because the speedo is different on each

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I still have an nos set of tank bar/cover decals here somewhere. For a '73 I believe and if I can locate them you can have them but no tellin where I put them.

OP
OP
Juiceman

Juiceman

I still have an nos set of tank bar/cover decals here somewhere. For a '73 I believe and if I can locate them you can have them but no tellin where I put them.

Thank you. Can you pm me, if you happen to find them. That would be great.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thank you. Can you pm me, if you happen to find them. That would be great.

Will do. I looked yesterday where I thought one place they might be but so far I've found a set Suzuki TM75 tank and a set of Yamaha AT3 aka 1973 enduro 125 tank decals.

I have a few other cubby holes I stuck bike parts in. Will keep lookin.

I had at least 5 or 6 at one time. If ya look in the doir of that bld there is a blue '71 a dood gave me that was in his back yrd in his way he said.

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
Juiceman

Juiceman

Will do. I looked yesterday where I thought one place they might be but so far I've found a set Suzuki TM75 tank and a set of Yamaha AT3 aka 1973 enduro 125 tank decals.

I have a few other cubby holes I stuck bike parts in. Will keep lookin.

I had at least 5 or 6 at one time. If ya look in the doir of that bld there is a blue '71 a dood gave me that was in his back yrd in his way he said.

Love all that nostalgia. Appreciate you looking for whatever you have. I wish someone would approach me about getting one of of their way.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I'm still looking with no lock yet. Better half says they're here Somewhere in a shop manual she thinks.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hey I'm still looking when I can. We cleaning out alot of old stuff here n hope to run across them.

OP
OP
Juiceman

Juiceman

Hey I'm still looking when I can. We cleaning out alot of old stuff here n hope to run across them.

Thanks. Just got back from CO after a week. Appreciate you looking whenever you get a chance. Thanks

OP
OP
Juiceman

Juiceman

Been away from the forum for some time. I ended up buying several bikes, so now I have a 1970 CT70, a 1976 CT70, a 1960 C100 and an early S50. On a complete whim ended up all barn finds from a guy who used to run a bike shop in his garage. Ended up with boxes of parts too. I am in the process of restomodding the 1976 with a Lifan 125 4 speed and raw frame (like the Moto Junior). Always searching for parts though so wanted to bump to the top

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hey good to hear you rescued some bikes. I'm still looking through crap here as we come to it in search of those decals.

My youngest is getting married and moving out and will be going through a lot of boxes and stuff then to.

Status
Not open for further replies.