• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3.5 lift help plese!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Adding the dropped pitman arm would be ideal, otherwise you could remove the drop bracket for the track bar. In order to alleviate bump steer, you want your drag link and track bar to be parallel and the same length as one another. In order to minimize side shift of the body during suspension travel, you want your track bar to have as little angle as possible, hence the drop pitman arm being the best choice.

bchesley

I have a Duff one that I would almost give you. I ran it for about a year while before I switched to a Tie Rod over system. It is like new. How bad would shipping be to Chile?

OP
OP
C
Sorry, I just noticed that your steering box was from a Hyundai Galloper (Mistubishi Montero here in the USA). I do not know if you have any options for a dropped pitman arm for that application.

Yeep thats my problem my steering box its from a hyndai galloper and actually it works prety good. I must to figure it out what must i do to drop the pitman. Without welding ( here in chile that common)

OP
OP
C
I have a Duff one that I would almost give you. I ran it for about a year while before I switched to a Tie Rod over system. It is like new. How bad would shipping be to Chile?

Thanks i apiciate that but i thing it would not work for my steering box

661buster1963

Hope you don’t have to fabricate a drop pitman arm for your non ford steering box, maybe the drop arm made by ford has a smaller steering box hole than the Hyundai and it can be machined out? Lots of stress on those arms, failures are catastrophic
So if your not driving a bronco what does the typical Chilean resident drive for small utility 4wd?

OP
OP
C
Hope you don’t have to fabricate a drop pitman arm for your non ford steering box, maybe the drop arm made by ford has a smaller steering box hole than the Hyundai and it can be machined out? Lots of stress on those arms, failures are catastrophic
So if your not driving a bronco what does the typical Chilean resident drive for small utility 4wd?

Yep i must to figure it out what to do. Now i have and other problem. My 289 overheat.
Here in chile are full of small pick ups toyota hilux and mitsubishi triton

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Track bar rise with a dropped pittman should get you in the ballpark

MrT

You need to go tie rod over the knuckles. That should fix your angles.

MrT

He would be better off losing the dual shocks if needed to correct the geometry.

codsak

Loc.
Saint Augustine
There is a ton of threads on this issue. I had the same problem with mine after adding the 3.5 inch lift and rebuilding the entire front suspension. Pay close attention to the angles of the drag link . you need to roll it up so it is parallel. If those angles are off it will cause it to steer like crap. also make sure you have an alignment done. Once I adjusted all the angles and got an alignment done and tire pressures adjustment, it drives like a dream.

Look up Paul (DirtDonk) he is on here. He works for Wild Horses. You have come to the right place. These guys know there stuff and will help you get it figured out. They have saved my bacon countless times. Good luck and keep us posted.