• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Available off the shelf 2 into 1 exhaust?

Skinnyr1

I need to replace the exhaust on my 75 bronco. It currently has stock manifolds, which I intend to keep. From there back it has a rusted out dual exhaust system with an x pipe and glasspacks. It exits out the sides behind the rear tires.

It is quite loud and I want to simplify it all with a 2 into 1 system and one single flowmaster to reduce/eliminate the drone.

My truck is also stock height.

The only two (three?)off the shelf options I see, besides a bone stock set up, is the Duff's 2 into 1 and BC bronco with a magnaflow.

The duff's apparently won't work with a stock truck, as the front will hit the driveshaft without a 2 inch lift.

BC's setup is really the only other option I see, but it is incomplete without a tailpipe, and I don't want a magnaflow.

I would prefer to avoid stock since the pipes are smaller.

Anyone have a solution besides going with the BC and piecing it together?

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
If you are planning on no lift, you would be about the same money as either kit to go get a local muffler shop to build your exhaust. That would be the route I would take in this scenario.

bchesley

Just an FYI last I checked Bronco Hut has a 2 to 1 system that bolts on. I have been running one for 4-5 years. Its all mandrel bent 3". I opted for the aluminized since I am in the south. I would buy another one with out thinking twice. Only down fall is its more than all the competitors. Or at least was. I haven't checked recently.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I second your local muffler shop. What you think you’ll save will go out the door while your laying on your back cussing trying to make it fit!

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like a stock engine, or close to with Factory Manifolds.

I would also recommend a good local exhaust shop 2 1/4" Pipe and a Super 50 Series Flowmaster Muffler with a 2 1/2" Outlet at Factory location behind passenger side rear wheel. Should have a nice sound and pretty quiet.

Maddog B

Sounds like a stock engine, or close to with Factory Manifolds.

I would also recommend a good local exhaust shop 2 1/4" Pipe and a Super 50 Series Flowmaster Muffler with a 2 1/2" Outlet at Factory location behind passenger side rear wheel. Should have a nice sound and pretty quiet.

I second this! I had this same setup ran at my local exhaust shop substituting a Cherry Bomb Salute for the Flowmaster. Cost me $160.00, no joke. That was muffler, pipe and labor out the door.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Important PSA....

You want the Deltaflow Flowmaster.
The Delta model has an additional chamber/chevron. This creates even more of the horsepower releasing vacuum that Flowmasters are known for. It also knocks out the drone Flowmasters are known for.

Remember Delta Flowmasters.....

I am running Duff dual exhaust with Delta 50's. Almost too quiet. Often wondered if a Delta 50 was used for a 2 into 1 exhaust if it would be a little louder. Pretty darn quiet with a 351W (9.5 to 1 comp).

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I am running the Delta 50 2 into one and sounds about right for me. Nice mellow idle and sounds like a healthy v8 when you get into it.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I've used local muffler shops twice. Both seemed to have no idea what to avoid in suspension and drive line parts when the suspension flexes. One hung the exhaust system from the body instead of the frame. The original system had 1 3/4" diameter pipes and thet worked well with my 351. The CJ Pony Parts system has 2" pipes so I'm sure it will work well with the same 351.

OP
OP
S

Skinnyr1

Thanks everyone. I will reach out to a couple of local muffler shops first. A deltaflow flowmaster is what I am leaning towards, as suggested.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
JC Whitney used to have all this stuff but used to was about 30 years ago.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Get references for local shops. Go to a hot rod night or something and ask around. Most the exhaust axes I've tried around here pretty much suck for custom work in tight places.

OP
OP
S

Skinnyr1

I ended up getting a 2 into 1 system with a deltaflow series 50 from these guys;

https://www.precisionexhaust.com/

They are local to me in CT. It is a 2 1/4" front to back. I painted it up yesterday, and should be able to install it this week. I just need to find a gasket for the exhaust heat riser valve.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I am a fan of using a shop if you can. I had one built from front to back and let the gent know I wanted to show him what my needs were while I was there and he put it on the rack. I had my bends all made and hangers installed to miss everything. when I say miss I mean missing any chassis part when full flex, pipes built so I could remove the T case without touching an exhaust bolt and tucked up above the bottom of the frame rail.

Then two years later I did it again, due to my installation of Duffs long arms and new headers needed to clear. I was in another city at that time and found the right shop and did the same drill. Up on the rack and instructions so I could work on almost anything on the drive line and chassis and above the bottom of the frame rail. It worked out great.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I also had the rear exit pipes bent and tucked under my plate bumper so they would not catch when going over stationary objects in places like Moab or what ever it may be. My plate bumpers take that pounding not my exhaust

lgdpt

Two shops in my area know old broncos... Both will build you a complete 2 into 1 for $450. Drop it off and its done in 4 hours. No way I would consider a do it yourself kit for anywhere close to the same price.

Ive done them on other vehicles in the past... They can be a real pain.

2manynotime

I am in central Texas and looked at many of the kits online but finally decided I would just use a local shop instead. There are only 3 that I could find listed and only one that anyone had anything good to say about them. I called them for an estimate for a 2 into 1 and it seems to me as soon as I said 1968 Bronco the price went way up. Was told minimum $500 and could be a little more depending on how it went. Does that sound high or is that the going price?

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Love my BCB 2 in 1 in a stock height truxk. I went with the Vortex Cherry bomb. No drone and very quiet unless you get on it. I had a local shop make the tailpipe for less than $50 installed.