• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Camber shims (long shot I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Used for a while, and then what? Changed to the spindle type shims?

Yes. In my case, I used the 1.5 deg. eccentrics and on the driver's side, it forced the knuckle inboard enough that something rubbed (I think it was an axle flange on the knuckle or a brake part) and make an annoying noise so I swapped them out. I was fortunate enough that another member on here offered me a set of the knuckle shims for a great price.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I have a set of Moog K-974-4 shims that I ordered thinking they would fit. They fit the Chevy disc conversion and the dana 44 drum spindles. The moog number that fits the F150 spindles is K-976-4, the last number is the measure of degrees in 1/8's on the 974 numbers. Here is a sheet that will help, I got it with the shims I ordered. At least that was helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_3541.jpg
    IMG_3541.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I have a message to a place that has some, I think. I am waiting for confirmation on the O.D and I.D before I get too excited.
I had one a few months ago that I gave to another member on the board, I knew it would come back to haunt me.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
It’s good karma, you’ll get it. Besides, maybe a Bronco vendor will see this post and step up to carry these.
:cool:

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I wish Karma would kick Murphy's butt and help a bunch of us out! Here is to hoping!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Update: I ordered a set of shims back in August from a supplier. I was supposed to receive them a week ago. I got an email saying they are delayed again until the end of October. If these do in fact work out when and if I get them I will post up what they are and where to get them. I am still hoping for the best!

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ordered some from summit and they changed the back order date 3 times. I never got them.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Kinda where I am at now. Hopefully something will come of it.

richards67

I think I have some odd ones laying around. I will have to look in my storage but wont be able to until this weekend. I will let you know Monday.

Richard

mrdrnac

Contributor
If you do, and after Langester gets what he needs I ask for 2nd Dibs on making a deal on them!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Got a set coming! Thank you Richard, I appreciate it!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I will keep everyone posted if my other source works out for new shims being built. Hopefully I will get an answer this year!?

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Richard is the Man! I got my shims today, what a relief that is. I appreciate the extra package in the box as well! Thank you Sir, I owe ya one for sure!

I will keep my search up for any shims being produced or sold out there on the internet. If I find some I will post up and let everyone know. These things are like finding a unicorn, hopefully something pops up so everyone that needs them can get a set.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I finally got a reply from the company I ordered shims from. No explanation but they refunded my money. No surprise there, I was sure hoping for the best though. I am going to keep looking. I will close this thread, if and when I find some I will start a fresh thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.