• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2021 Bronco and classic bronco prices

Mike Hewett

Do you guys think the introduction of the new bronco will cause the prices of the classic to rise, fall, or stay the same?

At this point in my life, I am more inclined to buy a reliable new bronco than a classic. You'll be able to get a brand new one (probably a loaded one) for less than some of the nice 66-77's. I have very young kids and just don't have the time to work on an older one, but can see myself getting a new one.

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
I don't think we can answer that until we know for sure what the new Bronco will be.

If it's a turd, then I suppose classic prices will stay high. If it's a good modern version of the classic, then many people (such as yourself) may be more interested in a new one. That could drop demand for the classics.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
I would say no. Newer mustangs haven't hurt the classic mustangs in price. The newer thunderbird definitely didn't hurt tri five thunderbirds.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
If the new one's a bummer, the name will be tarnished somewhat.
When the '73 Vettes came out it killed interest in the line for a few years.

stanz

Loc.
Portland
If the new one's a bummer, the name will be tarnished somewhat.
When the '73 Vettes came out it killed interest in the line for a few years.

I disagree. People like EBs for what they are, period. If the new one turns out to be rad, it will have its own appeal based on what it is. The one certain thing is that they will never please all of the EB fans no matter what they do with the new model.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Mixed bag IMO.
some people will never except a new bronco, other will be all over it for much of the reasons you stated.
Some will buy it if it's good new rig as it has the bronco badge.
I don't see a new bronco negatively effecting the 66-77 models as the new one may or may not be complimentary but in the end for most collectors, there is no school like old school. In other words, did the broncoII effect sales in any way of the older 66-77 or even the big body broncos? Nope.

In my world, I would buy one if it's capable and priced in my range as a primary driver for my wife and I. My 75 will still see use and tinkering when I want to in good weather.

Either way, I wouldn't buy one until I can find a nice new but used bronco as I never buy new...

1buckeyefan1

Contributor
I know it's a little dated now, but what happened to vintage mini Cooper values when they 'reintroduced' them? Imo, this would be a good proxy where the brand was shelved for a good period then reintroduced as a similar model (not a silly rebadge like the Blazer)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
... where the brand was shelved for a good period then reintroduced as a similar model (not a silly rebadge like the Blazer)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure classic Nova values weren’t affected when they brought back the ‘Nova’ in the late 80’s?!? :eek: I think maybe some of those 80’s geniuses are still working for Chebby ;D

Attachments

• E8C3BCF6-0722-44B9-89BB-8D2EBB2A040F.jpeg
    E8C3BCF6-0722-44B9-89BB-8D2EBB2A040F.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 38

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Pretty sure classic Nova values weren’t affected when they brought back the ‘Nova’ in the late 80’s?!? :eek: I think maybe some of those 80’s geniuses are still working for Chebby ;D

Probably the same guys that redid the new blazer

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Little kids does mean no time, but it gets better with age. These rigs are not the safest based on todays standards so buy new and enjoy. When the kids are older then maybe get into the classic market. Prices are fickle, mustangs go up and down in price but do hold a certain minimum value, I think the Bronco will do the same.