• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone Gone to Ford Dealer to Trade in their Classic Bronco for the New One?

tspiers

Just wondering if anyone has taken one of their classic 1st gen broncos in to a Ford dealership to see about trading it on for a new 2021 bronco and what sort of trade in value you were receiving. Thx.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Gonna be a while for that.. likely won't happen often I wouldn't think :D

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There's a thread somewhere asking "would you trade your early Bronco for a new one?"

If I find the link I'll post it.

Mikesimp70

I suppose there is 1 in every crowd but I’d bet the last CB was traded in to a dealership long ago.

A dealer is not going to pay anywhere near current market on these. Any time you trade in anything, it is more convenience than value as a dealer makes more on resale of your trade than they do selling you a new one.

OP
OP
tspiers

tspiers

Well, I doubt I'd consider trading in my last remaining bronco at this point, but if I had several in the stable like some do on here, maybe I'd go in to see what they would do. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere dealerships were taking deposits on the new broncos. Anyway, just fodder for discussion, thanks to those who replied.

elan

Loc.
s
Ford shows a vehicle that cannot be obtained for a year. Takes deposits and gets people ginned up over a feel good fantasy. No thanks.
I guess that's why the stock is $7 bucks a share.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The last one I saw on a car lot that looked like a possible trade in was at Smicklas Cheverolet in OKC. 74,orange, interior was really clean and upholstery was great, exterior had a little rust, paint was a pretty old and had some issues. $8999 that was in 2008 or 2009

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Ford shows a vehicle that cannot be obtained for a year. Takes deposits and gets people ginned up over a feel good fantasy. No thanks.

It's only a deposit if you buy it :) And that $7 per share is looking good, bought at just above $4 lol

elan

Loc.
s
It's only a deposit if you buy it :) And that $7 per share is looking good, bought at just above $4 lol

Well heck, that is a decent return all right. Sadly I've given up on Ford after growing up with nothing but Fords. Correction...I have an '05 Ford Expedition with 67,000 I'll die with. After that, no more Fords for me

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

no doubt, I'd have thought stock would go up..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well, I doubt I'd consider trading in my last remaining bronco at this point, but if I had several in the stable like some do on here, maybe I'd go in to see what they would do. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere dealerships were taking deposits on the new broncos. Anyway, just fodder for discussion, thanks to those who replied.

yeah.. them lucky ones with several in their herd right lol

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Trade in? You'd have to be totally wasted lol. Sell it outright and buy a new one if that's what you want to do. Taking Trade in value is like voluntary rape.