• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Magnaflow 15344 Pics??

t120r

Anyone have any pictures of the Magnaflow 15344 kit installed? Most specifically I'd love to see the clearance from the X-pipe to Tcase.

OP
OP
T

t120r

Thanks for that. I didn't think to look at that:) it looks like it's very close to the tcase. I have a ZF/NP205 so i would have to mod the pipes a bit. I believe the ZF/NP205 is 3" longer than the stock 3-speed/D20. Not a dealbreaker as I'm running fenderwells and need to go outside the frame in this area anyway.
It also looks pretty close to the driveshaft. I have a 1350 shaft which is quite larger than stock. Probably not too hard to lower the X-pipe a bit though.

BruceAH

Loc.
Apple Valley
Bronco Graveyard lists a rear-exit X-pipe dual system that I'm interested in (have not yet purchased). It runs the X-pipe and both mufflers down the passenger side of the tranny and drive shaft. It's part # 10098AX, has several photos on web site.

Bruce

70sbudget

I'm liking the look and fit of the bronco graveyard exhaust. Has anyone purchased a kit from them with these inline mufflers and can comment on the noise level?

BruceAH

Loc.
Apple Valley
As per above (70sbudget post), I am also wondering about the noise level from those mufflers. I like a deep-throat tone...but am not looking for a neighborhood disturbance sound-level.

Bruce

OP
OP
T

t120r

Bronco Graveyard lists a rear-exit X-pipe dual system that I'm interested in (have not yet purchased). It runs the X-pipe and both mufflers down the passenger side of the tranny and drive shaft. It's part # 10098AX, has several photos on web site.

Bruce

I have a 429/ZF/NP205 in my EB. The style of exhaust the BroncoGraveyard sells won't fit for me. The magnaflow uses a muffler on both sides of the frame and the location of the X-pipe looks perfect for fenderwell headers.
The BG exhaust is aluminized, the magnaflow is 409 stainless. Here in Canada stainless is by far preferred. You can hear things rust in your driveway here.:)
The BG looks to be made with an exhaust pipe bender, Magnaflow is mandrel bent. Very important that I get a mandrel bent exhaust with straight through mufflers as a 429 has to breath. I posted on www.429-460.com and I was told for my combo that this exhaust would work fine.

My problem is I have to toss the pipes forward of the x-pipe and make my own as I have fenderwells. Also I need to mod the length of the pipes to move the X-pipe rearwards an inch or 2 to clear the NP205. I'm 90% sure I'm going to go this route.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I've installed the Magna flow kit. It is a very nice sounding system, not too loud its just right. But it is a very tight fit. You have to supply the exhaust pipes from the header/manifold down to the X pipe. If I were to to it over, I would just buy the magna flow mufflers and bend my own system.

OP
OP
T

t120r

I've installed the Magna flow kit. It is a very nice sounding system, not too loud its just right. But it is a very tight fit. You have to supply the exhaust pipes from the header/manifold down to the X pipe. If I were to to it over, I would just buy the magna flow mufflers and bend my own system.

I may make my own. Haven't ruled it out yet. I do have a universal Magnaflow 3" x-pipe kit on my shelf. Would just need mufflers and some tailpipes. Just there's a lot to be said for a bolt in kit you can have completed in a few hours.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I have magnaflow muffler on my 74, I had a muffler shop build it. GREAT sound, its two 2 1/2 in and one 3 inch out. I had it dumped in front of the rear axle.

OP
OP
T

t120r

I have magnaflow muffler on my 74, I had a muffler shop build it. GREAT sound, its two 2 1/2 in and one 3 inch out. I had it dumped in front of the rear axle.

Definitely not enough flow for me. This exhaust is the smallest I could possibly run and even then I think I am leaving some power on the table. Big blocks love to breath.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Definitely not enough flow for me. This exhaust is the smallest I could possibly run and even then I think I am leaving some power on the table. Big blocks love to breath.
How BIG OF A EXHAUST WOULD YOU LIKE? I'm running a 3 inch on my 97 ford with a 460, and it flows really nice.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
3" is plenty "big" for a 429. I could have gotten by with 2 3/4" on my very healthy 418 with TF CNC heads, etc, etc, but nobody had it so 3" it was. Good for well over 600HP which is my goal within 18 months as I spec'd and built the engine for 5psi of boost.

OP
OP
T

t120r

How BIG OF A EXHAUST WOULD YOU LIKE? I'm running a 3 inch on my 97 ford with a 460, and it flows really nice.

The only thing stock on my engine is the block and crank. It's a 0.060" over 429, so 441cid. I have FRPP SCJ heads, a solid roller cam (239/244 with approx .655lift), 11.3:1 compression, edelbrock Air Gap intake converted to efi. A dual 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with straight through mufflers is manageable. I would prefer a dual 3", but that's a custom job.

OP
OP
T

t120r

3" is plenty "big" for a 429. I could have gotten by with 2 3/4" on my very healthy 418 with TF CNC heads, etc, etc, but nobody had it so 3" it was. Good for well over 600HP which is my goal within 18 months as I spec'd and built the engine for 5psi of boost.

3" is what I would like, but I may have to compromise some power and run a 2.5" system.

OP
OP
T

t120r

Can anyone tell me the distance of the output yoke to the bottom of the frame rails? I know my combo is a 'bit' lower due to engine positioning, but if a stock output is close to the same height of mine, I'll buy this exhaust.

OP
OP
T

t120r

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered the magnaflow exhaust today. $877cad shipped to my door from tdotperformance.ca. That's a lot cheaper than most places have it in USD. I'll be sure to post how it fits.