• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hellwig Sway Bar now available at James Duff

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
LOqvQ0t.jpg

Purchase your Hellwig Swaybars by December 31st to qualify for a $35.00 rebate per swaybar up to 2 bars. This means you can get 70 bucks back if you purchase a set from James Duff.

Front Sway Bar is here:
https://www.dufftuff.com/Hellwig_Front_Sway_Bar_66_77_Bronco_p/5311.htm

Rear Sway Bar is here:
https://www.dufftuff.com/Hellwig_Rear_Sway_Bar_66_77_Bronco_p/5313.htm

These swaybars are a key component of our new Duck Tuff 2.5" lift that we will be talking more about in 2020. For now, you can read more about it on our website:

https://www.dufftuff.com/DuckTuff_2_5_Lift_System_p/ducktuff.htm

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Does the front kit fit with your stage 2 front hoops?

We have not installed them with hoops on our in house Broncos yet.

We just started offering them. They are part of our new Ducktuff suspension system we just came out with. That system does not use hoops.

Our customers have reported mixed results using the Hellwig sway bar with our hoops. Some have no issue while others have had to slightly bend the sway bar out to clear them.

If you would prefer a more definitive answer from us directly we will be test fitting here at the shop in the next few months.

MM

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Mike,

I called today about the sway bar fitting Duff suspension (TRex arms, 3.5" deluxe suspension with hoops) and I was told they will NOT FIT. I could wait a few months for testing in house if that is the case but was shocked to hear they didn't fit with your suspension. I will stay tuned for test results.

We have not installed them with hoops on our in house Broncos yet.

We just started offering them. They are part of our new Ducktuff suspension system we just came out with. That system does not use hoops.

Our customers have reported mixed results using the Hellwig sway bar with our hoops. Some have no issue while others have had to slightly bend the sway bar out to clear them.

If you would prefer a more definitive answer from us directly we will be test fitting here at the shop in the next few months.

MM

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Mike,

I called today about the sway bar fitting Duff suspension (TRex arms, 3.5" deluxe suspension with hoops) and I was told they will NOT FIT. I could wait a few months for testing in house if that is the case but was shocked to hear they didn't fit with your suspension. I will stay tuned for test results.

Our canned response is to tell people they don’t fit with hoops. Not just ours. This is because it’s hit or miss and we don’t want customers returning the product.

Keep in mind we added the Hellwig sway bars for our new Ducktuff lift which does not use shock hoops. More info here: https://www.dufftuff.com/DuckTuff_2_5_Lift_System_p/ducktuff.htm

If you have the ability to bend the sway bar you can roll the dice like others have.

If not, we will get you definitive answers soon :cool:

MM

I just got done installing my front Hellwig sway bar with stock height suspension and the fit and finish is spot on! I have been running them on my Jeep for a number of years now and also on my wife's Yukon. Im excited to get the Bronco back on the road to see the impact!

OP
OP
jduffent

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
I just got done installing my front Hellwig sway bar with stock height suspension and the fit and finish is spot on! I have been running them on my Jeep for a number of years now and also on my wife's Yukon. Im excited to get the Bronco back on the road to see the impact!

Don't forget to leave us a review on DuffTuff, you'll get a chance at $100 duff bucks, our next drawing is at the end of March! :cool: