• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shift lever socket parts

Jimboss77

Contributor
Loc.
Greenville
Started rebuilding my 77 A/T steering column and undoing all the jackleg crap the PO did when he pulled it for painting. My biggest problem was he put the spring/plunger assembly for the shift lever in so unbelievably wrong I can’t believe he got it back together and that it even shifted. There are 2 screws that hold the plunger assembly in place. PO used what I believe to be at least one of the original screws and another unknown screw that was obviously wrong and also broken off in the housing, new housing ordered. The screw that appears original measures .138 dia. across the threads which is #6 and .330 long. #6 screws come 32 threads per inch and this is much coarser than that and also appears to be slightly tapered. It is oem #41540-S (U-353). I’ve had no luck finding these so far. Does anyone have these screws or know where I can get them?